LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 423 users in the forums

Patrick Willis Injury

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Grade 2? 3-5 weeks? maybe.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2011/12/07/dr-david-chang-on-patrick-willis-injury/

Thats okay we got time til the playoffs. Playoffs !!!!
Hopefully it's only one week. If it's longer than that then I will be worried. We need him against Pittsburgh for Heath Miller.
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
We cannot afford to lose Willis, sit him next game but we will need him for the Pit game. You guys need to remember that we're playing for the 2nd seed.

we can lose to Pitt but have to win the remaining games and we keep the #2 seed

we can lose any one game, even if the Saints run the table.
I know I am alone here but I still feel the Vikings game may be a lose for the Saint's. They seam to struggle on the road against team that can run the football. Now AP will need to be back for this to happen.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
i'm worried about Willis's hammy acting up like Andre Johnson's...i hear those things linger
Rest him til the last few games before the playoffs. He is a beast and all but its best to have him 100%
Originally posted by Chico:
i'm worried about Willis's hammy acting up like Andre Johnson's...i hear those things linger

Hell yes they linger no matter how good condition a person is in. Remember Arian Foster reinjured his in preseason.
Didn't Johnson tear his hammy and required reattachment? That's a hell of a lot worse than willis'
Originally posted by Chico:

Oh man!
Originally posted by 305Niner:
Rest him til the last few games before the playoffs. He is a beast and all but its best to have him 100%

Yeah, i am thinking about it.. I know the playoffs is very important.. So He can practice for limit times that mean part time before the playoff!! He may possible plays for part time at Seahawks and Final at Rams.. I would like him on bend and let him rest at Pitt because we already have a playoff for ready! i know, we need Willis our team for helps each other cuz playoff is very important and need get a championship for us! Go 49ers Baby!
this thread is so depressing

Andre Johnson did not hurt the same hamstring the other day....
[ Edited by King49er on Dec 7, 2011 at 8:57 PM ]
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners94:
Hopefully it's only one week. If it's longer than that then I will be worried. We need him against Pittsburgh for Heath Miller.

LOL. It's going to be longer than a week. Homers need to wake up to reality a bit, he might very well be done for the regular season. With Grant playing well in his place, the staff will probably want to rest him and prevent a reaggravation from rushing him back too fast.

Want to see comparable injuries? Look what happened to Andre Johnson when they rushed him back too fast. Pau Gasol last year missed close to a month on what was called a "strain", and was diagnosed as being less severe than what Willis has. So the 6 week "healing time" I mentioned a few pages ago....that's really the recovery time for a Grade 2 tear.
Originally posted by kray28:
LOL. It's going to be longer than a week. Homers need to wake up to reality a bit, he might very well be done for the regular season. With Grant playing well in his place, the staff will probably want to rest him and prevent a reaggravation from rushing him back too fast.

Want to see comparable injuries? Look what happened to Andre Johnson when they rushed him back too fast. Pau Gasol last year missed close to a month on what was called a "strain", and was diagnosed as being less severe than what Willis has. So the 6 week "healing time" I mentioned a few pages ago....that's really the recovery time for a Grade 2 tear.

andre johnson comparison is not relevant, he second injury was to his other leg, unrelated to first injury,

but if grant continues to perform, i agree there is no reason to rush him back...although it would be nice to see willis finish off roethlisbergers ankle (sorry if that seems malicious, i cant stand roethlis or the steelers)
Injuries – Linebacker Patrick Willis (hamstring) missed practice for the second consecutive day, but he did lift weights with the team's strength and conditioning coach on a side field. Willis is walking without a limp but is unlikely to play Sunday against the Arizona Cardinals.Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/12/09/4111050/49ers-notes-backup-ot-boone-signs.html#ixzz1g2nGlAMM
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
dudes, he'll be back for the steelers game. c'mon now. we're talking about patrick willis! Not fkn braylon edwards.
Share 49ersWebzone