There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is our offense playoff ready or do we need some serious help.

Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
I'm really hoping that Roman and Harbaugh are trying to fine-tune some things with the offense. To only give Gore and Hunter 18 shared carries is not normal. It bit us on the azz but hopefully come playoff time they give defenses things to think about and not be so predictable with the run.

I know. I wonder if something is wrong with Gore that isn't public. But 18 carries between the two is not going to get it.

I'd be interested to find out, but I would also not be surprised if Harbaugh is just limiting him to get him some rest for the playoffs.

I am also curious to see if they are really testing the limits of the pass attack to see what they have going into the playoffs.
  • 8to80
Originally posted by lamontb:
gotta get back to the basics and run the ball.
Bingo!

I just looked up the stats, and it makes me want to kill Greg Roman:

37 Pass attempts + 5 Sacks = 42 passing plays
21 running plays.

So we went with a 67-33 Pass-Run offense when Gore was averaging 7.2 yds/carry & when we had the lead for the majority of the game. And they don't know why we lost? Sickens me because we should have won that game hands-down.
Originally posted by 8to80:
Bingo!

21 running plays.

So we went with a 67-33 Pass-Run offense when Gore was averaging 7.2 yds/carry & when we had the lead for the majority of the game. And they don't know why we lost? Sickens me because we should have won that game hands-down.

run the ball, rush the passer. It also didn't help the defense missed so many tackles, especially in light of learning the Niners had the best tackling efficiency.
Bingo!

21 running plays.

That's why I think there is more to their game plan. I just dont see them doing that on purpose other than to maybe test the pass attack and see what they have. I dont like that is cost us the game, but I am hoping it helps in the long run.
Has anyone mention Joe Staley was taken out of the game with a head injury early in the game, Anthony Davis is not 100% healthy, and was Snyder was out?
  • kush
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
gotta get back to the basics and run the ball.
Bingo!

21 running plays.

LOL, it was Greg Roman's fault!!! Let's blame him, because he has obviously held our offense back this year with his poor, predictable play calling...
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
LOL, it was Greg Roman's fault!!! Let's blame him, because he has obviously held our offense back this year with his poor, predictable play calling...

for real. Jimmy Raye 2.0
Football still comes down to Mano y Mano. If players can't handle their individual assignments, it'll make the whole look bad, regardless of what play is being called. If Braylon runs that route correctly, touchdown. If Ginn locates the ball, touchdown
Originally posted by rk1642:
Originally posted by niners94:
Our receivers can't catch. Our play caller gets too cute and Alex needs to also do better. Everybody is to blamed. Horrible offensive game.

Agreed, and our wr's can't even locate the dam ball! (Ginn = Td, Crabs = possible deep sideline ball, Edwards = competion)

Simple things like finding the ball in the air seem to baffle our wr's at times.

And our oline has not improved like some are saying. No holes for Frank and zero pass protection

The OLine seemed to have improved up to the Baltimore game, but has been a disaster starting there. They are improved in general but when the D does anything unexpected they can't adjust. Suggs exposed the middle and every one is now following with delayed blitz between RG and OC. When you are already getting pressure from the sides this middle blitz is just too much...no where to step. I noticed the 9ers brought to backs in right over the OGs for a couple of plays but then there are only a couple people out on routes. If guys are injured that would explain it but geez!

Edwards is totally useless out there and it is unfair to either the team or him to have him on the field.
Originally posted by captveg:
Just having him there takes attention away from other parts of the offense.

I see. Makes sense.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home