LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Is our offense playoff ready or do we need some serious help.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
That's what backups do. They have nothing to lose. Make some risky throws. If it works out, good they get a few more games and fan thinks they are the second coming. If they get intercepted a bunch, then well... what do you expect, he's a backup. Reminded me so much of Troy Smith last year with all these backup QBs coming in to sub.

They do, but seriously, does it make sense for this team to be almost completely stifled on offense, especially on 3rd down and in the red zone?
Originally posted by captveg:
The Niners offense needs a WR that is money in the red zone. It'll take pressure off the run and change the dynamic of the offense. Look at what Fitzgerald does for ARZ. Completely changes how defenses have to defend them I asked on another message board the last time we saw a 49er WR make a great catch like Fitz's TD today. No one could think of one, so it's clearly been several YEARS since we've had a WR that can scare defenses. We need that guy BAD.

Did Fitz help Arizona at all in the redzone today??
When you are dominated at the line you are not playoff ready. The Niners are in serious trouble.
Red zone problems are going to get this team a 1 and done in the playoffs. Whatever the problem is it needs to be fixed immediately.
[ Edited by TexasGuero49 on Dec 11, 2011 at 4:54 PM ]
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
oline f**king sucks!!!

Our receivers can't catch. Our play caller gets too cute and Alex needs to also do better. Everybody is to blamed. Horrible offensive game.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
We hired offensive coaches right?

Hope Jim isn't Billick 2.0...
Alex can't throw deep
I'm left to think that the only answer is timed passes to punish the blitz and moving Smith around a bit more. There still aren't any roll outs or sprint outs. That might not work but packing the middle sure doesn't seem to work. When the 9ers bring in extra linemen and tighten the formation I cringe. Another blitz up the middle came in untouched. Still can't believe Smith hasn't been injured!
  • 8to80
Originally posted by niners94:
Our receivers can't catch. Our play caller gets too cute and Alex needs to also do better. Everybody is to blamed. Horrible offensive game.

Spot-on. We should have won this game. I understand how we want to pass more just to give our 29th ranked passing offense more practice time. But, when the game is close, we need to stick to our bread-and-butter: running the ball. If we ran the ball more (especially on that 3rd and 1 at 2:10), we would have won the game.
Originally posted by mdonch3:
Originally posted by captveg:
The Niners offense needs a WR that is money in the red zone. It'll take pressure off the run and change the dynamic of the offense. Look at what Fitzgerald does for ARZ. Completely changes how defenses have to defend them I asked on another message board the last time we saw a 49er WR make a great catch like Fitz's TD today. No one could think of one, so it's clearly been several YEARS since we've had a WR that can scare defenses. We need that guy BAD.

Did Fitz help Arizona at all in the redzone today??

Just having him there takes attention away from other parts of the offense.

• 8to80
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
I'm left to think that the only answer is timed passes to punish the blitz and moving Smith around a bit more. There still aren't any roll outs or sprint outs. That might not work but packing the middle sure doesn't seem to work. When the 9ers bring in extra linemen and tighten the formation I cringe. Another blitz up the middle came in untouched. Still can't believe Smith hasn't been injured!

Sorry, it may seem that I am always picking on you. But, it's just that some of your posts, like this one, make no sense at all. Timed passes? Aren't all passes timed? Roll-outs or sprint-outs? I guess you want to eliminate one side of the field for Smith to throw to. Mind you, play-action also resulted in sacks. The most obvious answer to blitzes are screens and specific running plays.
We need to get back to running the football.
Alex is biggest the problem that he can't throw the TD from 5 to 10 yards cuz he always do that all the time! He scared to threw the ints from 5 to 10 yards from TD that is why! Tell Alex.. what's wrong dude!!
gotta get back to the basics and run the ball.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
get Kyle Williams more involved

problems = solved.

So agree with this!

Why do our coachs not see this?
Share 49ersWebzone