There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is our offense playoff ready or do we need some serious help.

Are we keeping our real offense for the playoff or is what we see is why we gonna get.
We gotta make plays when they are there and have some better redzone playcalling!
if we get the bye week that should be enough

we need a week just to worry about the offense and not worry about gameplanning and it will be fine

at this point the only thing tat needs to improve is getting into the endzone

we get down the field prettty well
No it's not, and NO we aren't, Having said that IF our D keeps playing like it has been, then It may not take too many points to win games! then again ask me again after the rams game, at halftime I'm not too thrilled. #justbeinghonest
I am getting so sick and tired of seeing field goals. The way the defese has been dominating, our offense shoud be giving them some support. Too much cute is in our offense. Just line up and play offense they do not do. Too much time being ran of the play clock, dropped passes, no imagination utilizing Gore in the passing game and the offensive line is just not getting the same push that it did earlier in the season. I am very disappointed with the offensive game plans over recent weeks. You think they would at least throw the ball some in goal situations; but no, just give it to Gore all day long. Where is the creativity coaches?
they gotta get td's instead of fg's and they have to get better with the blitz pick up if they dont get any better it's gonna be one and done

yes they need hepl
[ Edited by Allx9er on Dec 4, 2011 at 2:56 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We need to draft a reciever high in the draft. This s**t is pathetic.
It seems like teams have found weakness in our o-line and they are gonna take advantage of it. Even if we upgrade our offense , it starts with the line
[ Edited by dtmoney49er on Dec 4, 2011 at 3:00 PM ]
Yes..we need T.O. (dominate red zone threat)
At time we looks impressive and then all of a sudden we do harmfully things lIke run a wild cat on 3 down in the red zone.
It is not playoff ready. But it doesn't really need that much help. We just need to make few plays here and there. I feel like our offense is its own worst enemy at times. But I also feel like they believe in themselves too. We usually bounce back. We have never been out of a game this season. Our D will keep us in games too. GB is awesome but they have not had to play our D. That will be a good game. People measure our offense vs. Green bays offense. But that isn't how it works. The question is our D vs. GB's offense and our offense vs. their Defense. We can and will move the ball on GB. We will also play some serious D on those guys.

Oh and not to ignore every other team we might play in the playoffs. But what other team in the NFC can you even consider that much better than us? I guess N.O. But they make alot more mistakes than GB and teams have proven they are beatable.
[ Edited by VA49er on Dec 4, 2011 at 4:55 PM ]
- The Saints and Packers can definitely score points on us.... they're just that good.
- But they can't shut-down our offense like the Ravens did.
- We have a very good chance against any of the other NFC teams.
- We still have a long time to improve and continue to get better as well.

To be honest though, I'm more afraid to play in New Orleans than Green Bay. Lambeau's cold weather actually works in our favor, given our style of play. In New Orleans, that'll turn into a track meet.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
- The Saints and Packers can definitely score points on us.... they're just that good.
- But they can't shut-down our offense like the Ravens did.
- We have a very good chance against any of the other NFC teams.
- We still have a long time to improve and continue to get better as well.

To be honest though, I'm more afraid to play in New Orleans than Green Bay. Lambeau's cold weather actually works in our favor, given our style of play. In New Orleans, that'll turn into a track meet.

Well said.

Our defense is perfectly built for a cold weather team.

Patrick is fine. Or will be. A hamstring pull.

A shootout in NO is not something we want.

Aldon Smith had an off month in November (after winning DROM) but I think he is heating up and will be a BEAST in the playoffs
We need to fix some things, but it's not as bad as people around here make it out to be.

1) Obviously, more of those FG's need to become TD's, but as long as we're scoring points it's a step in the right direction.

2) Also quite obviously, we need to get better at blitz pick up.

3) I'm not afraid of NO or Green Bay. They are by no means pushovers, but we're the #1 defense in the NFL for a reason. Because WE ARE that good!
get Kyle Williams more involved

problems = solved.