LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 335 users in the forums

If we make it to the Superbowl and lose...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The niners don't go to the super bowl n lose
Alot you guys take this whole "who's a better franchise" thing way too seriously. In any given season I want the 49ers to go as far as possible. I would prefer to win an NFC championship and loose in the super-bowl than to loose the NFC championship and never get a shot at the super-bowl. Anyone who thinks otherwise is dillusional.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
You can look at winning percentage. Similar to pass completions by a QB....who would you take, the QB who throws 20 for 20 or the QB who throws 35 for 50? Gimme perfection every time.

In the event of a tie (multiple teams have only 1 appearance/1 win), THEN you can look at the amount of appearances. Otherwise, in my opinion, appearances mean very little... If that was the case, the Patriots, Vikings, Broncos and Bills would/should be considered top franchises as well....
if we make it and lose then the people will die.
then I will cry. This thread is dumb
WE DONT LOSE IN THE SUPERBOWL!!!! End thread
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
the Niners don't lose Super Bowls. it's just the nature of things.

The will of the gods.
Originally posted by boast:
the Niners don't lose Super Bowls. it's just the nature of things.

We will not lose and have proven we dont lose in the big dance.

Part of me doesnt want this first year Harbaugh team to make the SB because they'll be facing a well establish and seasoned team.

The other part doesnt care, if we make it we deserve to be there and what ever happens (a WIN!) the team will better overall for it.

It will depend on our playoff form, if we were hitting on all cylinders and killing the oppositions then I would be a bit more positive in the SB outcome.
Its always good to make to to the super bowl. cant win it unless your in it. Dallas and the Steelers been to the dance 8 times, there is something to be said for that. However the object of the game is to win and so far thats what we do in the super bowl. And since we seem to talk about the super bowl if we get in it sure would like to play the Ravens again.

Originally posted by FaithInJH:
No negativity, just a chance for a good dicussion.

But for the sake of arugemement we can also talk about if we win. Where will that put us? Is 6-0 better than 6-2?

Yes..... 6-0 is better than 6-2. If you win the same amount unless tries that is better bc u may be able to getm ore wins in the same amount of games. Plus we have been in the nfl for less years.
Originally posted by overthemiddle:
Its always good to make to to the super bowl. cant win it unless your in it. Dallas and the Steelers been to the dance 8 times, there is something to be said for that. However the object of the game is to win and so far thats what we do in the super bowl. And since we seem to talk about the super bowl if we get in it sure would like to play the Ravens again.

Well said, thanks.

I would like to see the Ravens again for the big dance as well. Revenge would be much sweeter with everything on the line. A win would also spark a great rivarly between the two teams. Looking forward to this scenerio.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
then I will cry. This thread is dumb

Hurteth thy feelings, mod?
[ Edited by FaithInJH on Nov 30, 2011 at 8:14 PM ]
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
We lose NFC Championships.

We don't lose Superbowls.

thread
i ain't even scurred.
Share 49ersWebzone