LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 140 users in the forums

If we make it to the Superbowl and lose...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Aren't the Patriots 3-3 in superbowls? I would put them in front of the Giants.

Although I think undefeated has merit, I'd have to say at 5-1 we'd be #3. and at 6-0 #2. If we (or any team) had more wins than anyone, but fewer total appearances, then that would warrant moving that team to #1.
I would rather not go at all than lose, if I had my choice which not how it works obviously. Our undefeated recited in the bowl is at the top of the list of records that I am most period of and has the Niners in a league of their own.

We are the only team with 3 or more appearances without a loss and I hope it stays that way.
with 5 super bowls and never losing we are #1.. case closed.
Originally posted by English:
How would 5-1 put us behind Dallas at 5-3?

Dallas would have won 2 more NFC Championships than us.
Originally posted by laughsatyou:

They have 3 more than us right now.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Yes! Yet we mark ourselves ahead of them. Happy with that, but lets have a bit of consistency
If we don't win or can't win the superbowl then I don't want the niners in there. to much of a heartbreak and a let down. Not to mention draft position-however small. When they win their sixth-I want the team to have bragging rights that say to teams, yeah Steeler fans you won 6 before us, but we didn't take 8 games or we are the first to win 6 straight SB!

As they at top gun-there are no points for second best.
Or if you prefer Yoda-Do or do not, there is no try.
It's a combination of wins and winning percentage, esp. lack of losses.

SF @ 5-0 competes very well with Pitt at 6-2. It's a major shame Pitt failed to make the big game in '94....battle of 4-0s, and no way anything in the AFC had a shot that year!!! Destroying SD brought no joy to me, but Pitt would have.

I'll give Pitt their props for 6 wins, but if SF ties that, their record is better. You could make the argument that the Steelers have been better historically as a franchise, but when it comes to bowls, different story.

BTW, where does Buffalo fall here? 0-4 yes, but man if it wasn't for Wide Right, the world would have been totally different. I'm sure they could beat several superbowl winning teams of other eras.
lol its math

6-2=4

5-0= well... yeah

4<5
We will equally be heart broken if we lose the NFC championship game

you can never win the Super Bowl unless you are IN the Super Bowl. Whatever happens in the Super Bowl---i'd rather have the Niners in the Super Bowl!
A certain QB just better not tarnish THIS 49ers Super Bowl record:

ZERO interceptions in the Super Bowl
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
We will equally be heart broken if we lose the NFC championship game

thats not true
Giants and Packers shouldn't be in this discussion. Pittsburgh and Dallas would have arguments of being better with the number of appearances, but I'd take 6-0 in the SuperBowl over 6-2 or 5-3 any day. And yes, this is assuming we get to the Super Bowl and WIN.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Yes! Yet we mark ourselves ahead of them. Happy with that, but lets have a bit of consistency

exactly, The immaculate record is something that those teams will never be able to achieve from now til the end of time no matter how many Super Bowls they win. There are getting to be fewer teams that are in the realm of possibility of an immaculate record, and getting five or more Lombardis will take them a long time.
Share 49ersWebzone