LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Thursday Night NFL Network FX

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Anyone watching this?

f**k did Alex take a beating.

Watching the highlights I can honestly say Alex played a pretty good game. There were a few throws he could have made or chucked the ball away to not take the sack but other than that he was just under pressure almost from the get go of the snap.

Also, I wasn't listening to the KNBR broadcast but apparently Eric Davis thought the chop block call was a bad call.
recording it right now, gonna watch it when my son goes to bed
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Not gonna watch dont wonna re-live that game.
Originally posted by susweel:

Ya, I am the same. Didn't want to watch but sucked it up (well, I am not watching the 4th quarter replay). That is the thing that sucks when the 49ers lose. I mean, we haven't really had any highlight shows done on us. The Giants vs. 49ers Turning Point was all about the Giants.
Yeah I'm watching it too - he was pissed the entire game and also, which I didn't like, was pretty sulky. He needs to rally his team not be all bummed and angry. But that is REALLY easy for me to say.

He was running for his life the entire game lol
is it going to be on again?
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Yeah I'm watching it too - he was pissed the entire game and also, which I didn't like, was pretty sulky. He needs to rally his team not be all bummed and angry. But that is REALLY easy for me to say.

He was running for his life the entire game lol

Alex sulky? I didn't find that from the show I just watch. He seems to acknowledge pretty well when he makes a mistake. Like missing Delanie on the first play. And when Braylon said he wasn't going inside.

I almost feel as if that game never really happened. -It's a mere forgettable aberration.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran

I felt the same, and I haven't listened to any interviews and watched any highlights, or even put it on NFLN since that game.

However. I ended up going against my gut and watched this. It was pretty good actually. It's all audio from the game, players, refs, coaches etc. No narrator. It ended with Raven and 49ers players saying see you in the Super Bowl.
[ Edited by Muggins879 on Nov 26, 2011 at 6:13 PM ]
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
One thing that stuck out a bit to me on the audio was.. early in the game when Vernon caught a pass and was going down the sidelines, he ran out of bounds.. I didn't think much of it but right after that a Raven player was yelling at him something like "you're a TE you supposed to lower your shoulder, not run out of bounds!" And then a little later Patrick Willis basically tells Vernon he needs to run dudes over. THEN just before half Vernon makes a catch and needs to get out of bounds but he cuts it back in. Wasted a bunch of time. Oh well, just thought I'd point that out.

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
is it going to be on again?

Guide says it's on again at 9 tonight.
even though it was a loss i freakin enjoyed watching that. Alex speaks like a leader on the field!
Originally posted by keeferr75:
even though it was a loss i freakin enjoyed watching that. Alex speaks like a leader on the field!

I felt the same and it also gave me more of an appreciation for how he played. Love the way he hung in the pocket on that 3rd and 17 completion. Took a huge shot after completing that.
everyone should watch this. I liked when Alex yelled at Vern Davis and told him to go out of bounds. Whats funny is we couldhave won this game even with them getting 9 sacks and an Int. At the end of the game, John Har tells one of our players that they will see them in the superbowl. Over all not as bad as the score or outcome of the game. Keep the faith.
Originally posted by 49erJim:
everyone should watch this. I liked when Alex yelled at Vern Davis and told him to go out of bounds. Whats funny is we couldhave won this game even with them getting 9 sacks and an Int. At the end of the game, John Har tells one of our players that they will see them in the superbowl. Over all not as bad as the score or outcome of the game. Keep the faith.

This really shows you how physical of a game that was. Alex just took a beating. Dude is one tough mother f**ker.
Share 49ersWebzone