There are 197 users in the forums

Tell me you're not happy with 9-2

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I am happy with 9-2. Would rather be 10-1 but there is a lot to build on. The OL still needs work and this will force them to work harder. The secondary and pass rush has not been sharp lately. We get 10 days off to work on some stuff. We know the road to the Superbowl will be full of elite passers. We will be ok. I was hoping for a 12-4 record. May end up 14-2 with some improvement in our passing game and more of a mix in the running game.
Since 2002 we haven't even sniffed 9-2 so yes I'm happy. However we do need lots of improvement stopping the pass, we could not get them off the field. The 8 game winning streak spoiled us, so a loss of this magnitude hurts. Better now then in the playlets though. So if we can mount another 8 game winning streak that will make us superbowl champs!
I am happy with 9-2.

Looking the bright side of this loss is that we will be locked into the 2nd place.
So we might be able to rest our guys on week 16 and/or week 17, while green bay might not going to rest their guys because of the 16-0 they aiming for.

Personally I also rather lose games in the regular seasons and let our young team come back with a better performance in the playoffs.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
I am happy with 9-2.

Looking the bright side of this loss is that we will be locked into the 2nd place.
So we might be able to rest our guys on week 16 and/or week 17, while green bay might not going to rest their guys because of the 16-0 they aiming for.

Personally I also rather lose games in the regular seasons and let our young team come back with a better performance in the playoffs.

Rest everybody except the OL. They don't deserve to rest.
Hey...look who we play next week! Thats right, take it out on the lambs! But hey, the Ravens could have come here last night, and we could have been the team that was more pumped up, and the score could have been different. Emotion on defense won that game for the Ravens. You cant stop it.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
I am happy with 9-2.

Rest everybody except the OL. They don't deserve to rest.
true
It's better than we thought we would be. This game gives me concern for the playoffs though.
Better record than I could have imagined at this point. Our team needed a reality check to get them to work hard. I blame the short week and road trip for some of the problems but O line should take more blame than Alex. I view this as a kick in the junk, it stings, it makes you sick, but you learn from it.
I am very happy with 9-2. I am disappointed in the loss, but I didn't expect the team to win out.
[ Edited by WINiner on Nov 25, 2011 at 7:10 AM ]
Originally posted by niner804233:
I am happy with 9-2. Would rather be 10-1 but there is a lot to build on. The OL still needs work and this will force them to work harder. The secondary and pass rush has not been sharp lately. We get 10 days off to work on some stuff. We know the road to the Superbowl will be full of elite passers. We will be ok. I was hoping for a 12-4 record. May end up 14-2 with some improvement in our passing game and more of a mix in the running game.

Agree. Amazing that this is the first loss in over two months for this team. Makes for some happy Sundays around my house

Originally posted by SportsFan:
Flacco looked like Brady? His numbers were better than Alex by 1 TD. That was it. Yards were virtually the same as was attempts and completions.

Flacco stood in the pocket with no pressure around him and picked apart the defense. It was like we were playing 7-7. Not saying he put up Brady stats but that when he needed a completion he got it. He stood tall in the pocket, was calm bc there was no pressure, and converted 40 something percent on 3rd down.
o well tough game but if thats going to be our toughest lost to take this year, then we will be superbowl champs
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
I'll admit that the Cowpokes loss still rankles, but I see no shame in the D's performance tonight. We held them to 16 and our offense averages, what?, 28? The defense did its job just fine. If you want to be ticked off, I suppose you should focus on the O-line, but I'd suggest that being angry is likely an over reaction to what happened tonight. Baltimore's front seven are the real deal. We took our licks on tired legs and we'll learn from it. For once we have the coaching staff that will allow us to improve based upon what we've learned tonight.

Losing sucks, but from one die hard to another, I'm not especially concerned about tonight's result.

I believe we can rebound with ease. The o-line is the obvisious answer to tonights main problem but the defense didnt put any pressure on flacco and they converted 40 something percent on 3rd down. Flacco is not a great qb and we allowed him to be way to comfortable in the pocket. Baltimores front seven is good but they had a season high and tied a team record last night in sacks. Suggs said it best, all the talk was about our defense and how good it was and they had to rise to the occasion to show that people should be talking about them more. They rised and our oline and defense failed last night. The defense did a good job overall but not when it mattered most. Flacco had no pressure and 3rd downs were easy for them. I like our record overall bc of all the crappy years but the two losses we have are poor ones in my opinion that dont sit well for me.
Originally posted by BHulman:
You'll get over it. First year fan?

Nope, since I was 2 years old. 1985!
Originally posted by niners94:
What? He had ONE good drive. It was a good defensive effort.

The most important one!
Share 49ersWebzone