LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

Thoughts/Feelings about new 49er fans aka bandwagoners

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I love seeing new fans, but they only show up when we're winning. We need more faithfuls that stick through the difficult times too. Anyways, my initial reaction is I love it. I attend SJSU and I always hear students buzzing about the Niners. It's cool, I've ran into a couple of Niners at the malls here. So, what's your thoughts/feelings webzoners? As the great Brent Jones put it, "The electricity is back."
[ Edited by jaycokes on Nov 17, 2011 at 2:11 PM ]
more money for the team, i love it. buy some jerseys bandwagoners
says the new guy.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
says the new guy.

Been on the zone for a couple of years. My initial account was deleted for inactivity. I'm more of a ghoster than a poster.
Originally posted by jaycokes:
says the new guy.

Been on the zone for a couple of years. My initial account was deleted for inactivity. I'm more of a ghoster than a poster.

i'm just messin'.

unless bandwaggoners are annoying than its all good. being a good team means more fans, means more money for the team, means more coverage, etc.
Originally posted by jaycokes:
says the new guy.

i'm just messin'.

unless bandwaggoners are annoying than its all good. being a good team means more fans, means more money for the team, means more coverage, etc.

most importantly it means more crowd noise. its been pretty loud at the stick recently much more than i could've said a few years ago
I would say welcome aboard and hope you stick around for awhile.
Would you rather see a crowd full of Cowboy fans?
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Would you rather see a crowd full of Cowboy fans?

Blech! You speak the truth TJ.

As someone who witnessed the rise of this team as a very young man, it's nice to see them rise from the dead again now that I'm...uh...not such a young man...
There are always those groups of casual fans that like whose winning now and will change to a different team once someone else comes up. In attempting the weed out the real faithful from the bang wagon jumpers ill usually strike up a conversation about Adam Walker and the 1995-96 division playoff game against the packers. If they cringe you know they have been around a while. If they look lost they just got here.

The more the merrier

One thing I can't stand, though, are the fairweather fans who question other fans b/c they don't want to appear to be "fake" ...Had this shyt come up during the Giants WS run. I wear this SF Giants football jersey I found @ Marshalls a few years back and like how it looks/fits (has the SF logo on front, hella bad ass ), but have had it since Matt Cain was our ace @ 10-13, lol. All of the sudden, I had this dude come up to me and call me a "poser" for wearing in instead of an "authentic" baseball jersey. I schooled this b***h ass poser so hard even his friends couldn't stick up for him, I mean he couldn't even tell me who Bobby Thompson!

So yeah, love having the increase in fan-love, but if you're a noob, please don't pretend like you've been a fan for years, just embrace the newfound glory
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
There are always those groups of casual fans that like whose winning now and will change to a different team once someone else comes up. In attempting the weed out the real faithful from the bang wagon jumpers ill usually strike up a conversation about Adam Walker and the 1995-96 division playoff game against the packers. If they cringe you know they have been around a while. If they look lost they just got here.

Why you gotta bring that shyt up
don't we already have this thread?
Let them come on board, and get us a new stadium. Im all for it, as long as they dont act like they were always following us.
Meh, don't really care one way or another if someone bandwagons. I'm not a bandwaggoner but I understand certain fans that do. I mean I really can't blame anyone for not wanting to watch this team for the past 8 years. Would you spend money or time to watch a movie you knew was gonna suck?

When newbies jump on, it just comes with the territory of an improving team, IMO.
Share 49ersWebzone