There are 229 users in the forums

Thoughts/Feelings about new 49er fans aka bandwagoners

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Would you rather see a crowd full of Cowboy fans?

like in week 2
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
The more the merrier

One thing I can't stand, though, are the fairweather fans who question other fans b/c they don't want to appear to be "fake" ...Had this shyt come up during the Giants WS run. I wear this SF Giants football jersey I found @ Marshalls a few years back and like how it looks/fits (has the SF logo on front, hella bad ass ), but have had it since Matt Cain was our ace @ 10-13, lol. All of the sudden, I had this dude come up to me and call me a "poser" for wearing in instead of an "authentic" baseball jersey. I schooled this b***h ass poser so hard even his friends couldn't stick up for him, I mean he couldn't even tell me who Bobby Thompson!

So yeah, love having the increase in fan-love, but if you're a noob, please don't pretend like you've been a fan for years, just embrace the newfound glory
Bobby Thompson! you mean Thomson
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
There are always those groups of casual fans that like whose winning now and will change to a different team once someone else comes up. In attempting the weed out the real faithful from the bang wagon jumpers ill usually strike up a conversation about Adam Walker and the 1995-96 division playoff game against the packers. If they cringe you know they have been around a while. If they look lost they just got here.

Don't forget Derrick Loville.......... Losing those games are the reason I don't like the Packers or Brett Favre..... 9ers really need to get even with them.........
Originally posted by kemp_j:
Don't forget Derrick Loville.......... Losing those games are the reason I don't like the Packers or Brett Favre..... 9ers really need to get even with them.........

If Ricky Watters doesnt leave for the eagles we would have won at least 1 more ring.
I think the issue is that these bandwagon jumpers are not big football fans. They care about the team half heartedly and most likely can only recognize the star players. In the end I do care. Every little bit helps with getting a new stadium built.
Originally posted by NinerDieHard:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by jaycokes:
says the new guy.

Been on the zone for a couple of years. My initial account was deleted for inactivity. I'm more of a ghoster than a poster.

i'm just messin'.

unless bandwaggoners are annoying than its all good. being a good team means more fans, means more money for the team, means more coverage, etc.

most importantly it means more crowd noise. its been pretty loud at the stick recently much more than i could've said a few years ago

problem is... they'll be cheering on offense
I have a 9 year old son who's been a 49er fan with me since he was born (or since his memory can serve), and you all know they have never been good (in that time span). He took flack as school the past few years as the kids are starting to follow sports at this age. He started mentioning 2nd favorite teams or liking other teams and I explained the importance of sticking with your team.....and now he is on cloud 9 since they are winning, and actually can truly apreciate it. Its a feeling that you cant explain if you just jumped on board and ride the bandwagon.

For me - I've been a fan since the 80's so this is the first time I've experienced going from the basement to the roof myself, but it is like nothing else. Unlike the 80's and 90's, I feel like I've been a part of this thing - almost like I've fought along with them to get back to the top. I may not have, but emotionally it feels like it.

I feel comfortable saying this: The fans know who they are, and no fairweather newb feels this like we do. I dont waste my time worrying about them, I'm busy breathing this in and enjoying this ride. Its been a long time coming.
[ Edited by d49izme on Nov 17, 2011 at 3:33 PM ]
I hate any kind of bandwagon fan... In Sac, there are plenty of Laker bandwagoners and former King bandwagon fans that irk the hell out of me.
The more the merrier I say. Its like any other winning team in any other sport: You have your faithful and then you have the bandwagons that show up when the teams winning.
  • Jiks
I only watch baseball for world series, hockey for the Stanley Cup, the last lap of Nascar, and soccer when RSL is playing.

You know you all are guilty bandwagoning for certain sports. Don't hate.

• DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
If you haven't endured the past 8 years like us DIE HARDS ON THE ZONE

GET THE PHUCK OFF THE BANDWAGON AIN'T NO MORE ROOM FOR YOU HERE!
49er fans that have been faithful for the bad years sound like douches when they complain about people jumping on the bandwagon. Same kind of people that get mad when a band they discovered becomes popular and have to let everybody know they heard them first. Who gives a f**k? Grow up. Enjoy it and don't be a biatch.

9er Fan since 89 :P
Originally posted by CrunchE:
49er fans that have been faithful for the bad years sound like douches when they complain about people jumping on the bandwagon. Same kind of people that get mad when a band they discovered becomes popular and have to let everybody know they heard them first. Who gives a f**k? Grow up. Enjoy it and don't be a biatch.

on the one hand, i agree, but on the other, I have a "friend" who has never been a Niner fan and who used to actively root against the Niners and always rooted for the Bears and now says he likes the Niners and is rooting for them this year. He can suck a dick.

In general I don't care of casual fans start following the team more closely now--that's awesome. And I don't care if we get a bunch of new fans now that we're playing well. But the literal "bandwagon jumpers" are irritating, and those of us who have suffered for 8 years shouldn't have to quietly enjoy the success next to some a*****e who was wearing a Chargers hat last year.
[ Edited by HessianDud on Nov 17, 2011 at 3:54 PM ]
Originally posted by CrunchE:

Nice try, bandwagon fan.
on the one hand, i agree, but on the other, I have a "friend" who has never been a Niner fan and who used to actively root against the Niners and always rooted for the Bears and now says he likes the Niners and is rooting for them this year. He can suck a dick.

In general I don't care of casual fans start following the team more closely now--that's awesome. And I don't care if we get a bunch of new fans now that we're playing well. But the literal "bandwagon jumpers" are irritating, and those of us who have suffered for 8 years shouldn't have to quietly enjoy the success next to some a*****e who was wearing a Chargers hat last year.

I understand that. But those aren't people I call friends. So I don't pay much mind to them. Too much to enjoy finally than worry bout bandwagon fans, even the bad ones.
Share 49ersWebzone