LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Over/Under: Alex Smith finishes the season with 20 TDs?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Over/Under: Alex Smith finishes the season with 20 TDs?

• okdkid
  • Veteran
They'll focus even more on the passing game over the next two weeks. To develop it. And to minimize the wear on the RBs.
Originally posted by okdkid:
They'll focus even more on the passing game over the next two weeks. To develop it. And to minimize the wear on the RBs.

I'd like to see us use Kendall Hunter more.
Originally posted by laughsatyou:
What would Smiths stats be if you added the last two games he played last season to his current record?

Add 2 TDs, 396 yds, 0 ints. Passer rating of 91 and 107.
Originally posted by PTulini:

I think the reason why we haven't seen the screen with Kendall Hunter is because they're saving that for the playoffs. Just my quess. But it was cool to see on MNF and is a very effective tool to slow down the pass rush.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Alex is allergic to throwing TD passes.
Originally posted by susweel:

He's nearly immune to throwing picks.

I agree. His receivers must help him out with that. What was Smith's allergic reaction to that VD touchdown on MNF...
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
He is at 16 now, right? I think he'll end up with 18 or possibly 19. I hope he breaks 20.
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
Originally posted by PTulini:

I think the reason why we haven't seen the screen with Kendall Hunter is because they're saving that for the playoffs. Just my quess. But it was cool to see on MNF and is a very effective tool to slow down the pass rush.

I like this kind of thinking and I hope this is true. They're saving some plays that they have down and will be totally unpredictable during the playoffs.
Originally posted by Shaj:
He is at 16 now, right? I think he'll end up with 18 or possibly 19. I hope he breaks 20.

He'd go bat s**t crazy if he gets to 20. I hope so too though.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Redeemer:

I'd take a few more picks with a few more TD passes.

I wouldn't

11-3 with 16 TDs and what..4 ints?
I'll take that any day of the week.
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:

I wouldn't

11-3 with 16 TDs and what..4 ints?
I'll take that any day of the week.

It's 5 INTs , but should have been 4 on the account that Ginn tipped a perfectly thrown ball for the INT in the Giants game. Even if he went on to get 2 more INTs that is crazy, Steve Young MVP years, good with regard to taking care of the ball and decision making. And if the stays at 5 all year, that's absolutely an elite number in that area.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 21, 2011 at 9:47 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
It's 5 INTs , but should have been 4 on the account that Ginn tipped a perfectly thrown ball for the INT in the Giants game.

What about other passes that the defenders dropped. It works both ways you can't look at what could have been.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
It's 5 INTs , but should have been 4 on the account that Ginn tipped a perfectly thrown ball for the INT in the Giants game.

What about other passes that the defenders dropped. It works both ways you can't look at what could have been.

Yeah that would be Smith's fault with no one else to blame. With the Ginn drop there nothing Smith can do except try to tackle the defender after the INT. In your example, Smith still has control of the situation that would be his fault. In the Ginn situation Smith did everything right -- not his fault.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 21, 2011 at 9:54 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone