There are 141 users in the forums

Grantland - Quarterbacking Made Simple - How Jim Harbaugh has made Alex Smith's job e

Shop Find 49ers gear online
outstanding read... thanks!
But the article doesn't answer why Smith's interception rate went down last year after M. Johnson assumed OC duties.
[ Edited by fastforward on Nov 11, 2011 at 11:09 AM ]
I really enjoyed the r
Originally posted by nannite:
Its refreshing to read articles like this, and the abundance of links interspersed throughout the article (ie SOURCES, ZOMG) gives his arguments credence. Plus I can read this stuff for days. Its sad that mainstream media (espn, nfl channel) can't get this kind of high-quality analysis. Instead they rely on the commentators to say the equivalent of 'alex smith?? LOL, DIDNT WATCH'

this guy knows his football, good an
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
we seen this b
Originally posted by nannite:
Its refreshing to read articles like this, and the abundance of links interspersed throughout the article (ie SOURCES, ZOMG) gives his arguments credence. Plus I can read this stuff for days. Its sad that mainstream media (espn, nfl channel) can't get this kind of high-quality analysis. Instead they rely on the commentators to say the equivalent of 'alex smith?? LOL, DIDNT WATCH'

Yeah, Chris Brown from smartfootball.com (who wrote this) is really good, always fun to read his stuff. I also agree that a lot of the talking heads do not seem to do their homework and are incapable of doing in-depth, enlightening analysis like this. However, the "mainstream media" angle is somewhat misguided here: Grantland, where this was posted, is a full ESPN subsidiary (look at the fine print at the bottom) and was created by ESPN on the behalf of Bill Simmons (who is the editor-in-chief) specifically to allow more in-depth sports and pop-culture journalism. So at least they are trying. Same with the NFL Network. While they have more than enough dim-witted "analysts" like Jamie Dukes and such, they also employ really smart and knowledgeable guys like Mike Mayock, who by the way did a terrific commentary on the Thursday night game with the Chargers and Raiders. There are also other guys I enjoy for smart analysis, like Brian Baldinger, so not all is lost there as well
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Thanks for the link to the a

I don't get i
i like it--thanks
Even if Alex Smi

Again, this proves the point that the problems with Smith originated from bad coaching, not some inherent deficiency in Smith. He has the tools, not the best set of tools, but definitely NFL caliber and good enough to win games. It's been so obvious for so long, and now thankfully those of us that saw the systemic/coaching issues are being redeemed in spades.
Greg cossell hates Alex smith. Dude has the worst arguments ever on the knbr morning show
Share 49ersWebzone