There are 190 users in the forums

New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
He gets mad props from me, he stuck to his guns, got a GM 1st, then the HC.

They wanted Harbaugh all along, but let him explore all options, but Harbaugh and the 49ers knew he wanted the 49ers job.

We offered 5M a yr originally, and thats what he got, he wasn't greedy.

Also mad props for not letting the hype of Free Agency get to us, we got the best players for the best money we have.

Whitner, Akers, Goodwin all signed 3 yr deals, now get Rogers extended, after the 1yr deal, which was smart, rogers hadn't shined till this year like he has.

Costanzo, Grant were great pickups as well, helping Special Teams out tremendously.

Only if Braylon would get his hands out of his ass and catch the ball.

agree good stuff
agreed.
I would say like a boss, but he is the boss
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
I'll admit that I made fun of him early on, calling him a silver spoon etc.

But, I heard him on the radio on 95.7 on Thursday and I must say that I am impressed how he has grown (or is growing) into the job.

He said Harbaugh to bring the Practice Squad players on the road and Jed said, the expense doesn't matter -- if the coach thinks it will help winning he was committed to doing it

It seems he has learned -- hire good people and get the F*** out of the way

Hate to Quote myself but I only have had to eat crow on 2 things -- Calling Jed silver Spoon

And "Rollin with Nolan"

In 1 year Jed has totally turned this franchise around, setting it up for another long run

Hiring Balke
Hiring Harbaugh
Getting the Stadium Financing Done, Dirt to be broken soon
Getting the F out the way

Bringing back Eddie as honorary captain

Plus, I saw Joe Montana at a soiree with Roger, Jerry, Ronnie, Dwight talking about the catch 30 years later. Joe was so distant from this team in the past and he was at a game and now at that night. Jed has paid proper homage to the greats of yore, with an eye toward the future

The days of the 9ers skimping on bottled water are OVER
[ Edited by wysiwyg on Jan 16, 2012 at 9:09 PM ]
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Jed York deserves a lot of credit. To be honest, I think he got lucky with Baalke, because my belief is that he went with Baalke just to make sure he went with the familiar and with somebody who trusted. It could have failed badly, and none of us would have been surprised, and he would have been hammered for the internal hire of an unproven commodity at that level. What he really deserves credit for is landing Harbaugh. Not just landing Harbaugh, but how he did it. He did it with influence instead of with dollars. He didn't get into a bidding contest. Instead he told Harbaugh (not exactly verbatim, but I read this somewhere) "this is a very fair deal, and we just want to make sure you really want to be here." Now if the Niners didn't happen to be down the street from where Harbaugh already was working (for instance, if the Niners were in any other state), I don't think it would be the same outcome, but Jed deserves props for not getting into a bidding contest on Harbaugh. Jed seems to be a good negotiator.

Another ex of Jed's negotiation skills is that when Crabs was holding out, and he came to meet with Paraag with MC Hammer with him, Jed overheard Crabs whisper to Hammer "make a deal happen today" before the meeting started. They were out in the restaurant or something, Crabs thought nobody heard. Well, Jed did, and he told Paraag to be hard ball with Hammer and Crab's agent, because they were under instruction to agree to something today. Having been a corporate contract negotiator for a couple of decades, I can say this was a very veteran move by Jed.
was there really anyone yelling at Jed York for firing singletary?? i was praising the football gods.
The City of SF is going to be crying in its spilled milk if the 49ers win another superbowl and move to Santa Clara.

It's a crying shame that the 49ers are leaving the great city of SF,

but when your political leaders think they can drag their feet for 10 years and try to extort endless concessions to feed their enormous egos and "you need us more than we need you" attitudes, then it serves them right to be left with an empty pile of crud stadium and slums.
I am not going to say I doubted Jed or never doubted Jed. Just wanted to give him a chance. Because I heard of how he related to Uncle Eddie, technically he grew up around the game and the niners unlike his parents who could have cared less. You gotta be thankful that he is not Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder, throwing money but always intefereing. Instead he gets people who he felt had potential and like himself, just needed a chance. Then he has been talking to Baalke and JH and asking them what do you need and why. Then he goes-done. Like the practice squad players. Jeds version of flying the niners first class and giving them their own rooms on away games.
Biggest thing he did was get his dad out of the picture. That was major!
I will admit I had my doubts but I have been very impressed in the last year. He struck gold with Harbaugh and he has stepped out of the way unlike that jackass in Dallas. Hopefully he will keep this up and keep his dad out of the decision making process.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I always believed in Jed because he wants to win and looks up to his uncle Eddie. His only problem was he is young but is starting to figure things out. He is much better off than he was a few years ago. Hopefully he stops guaranteeing things or saying stuff like this is the last time our season ends in Dec.

P.S. A couple years ago I felt he wanted to win but just didn't know how. Looks like he has found the way.

As for those of you that mentioned John York I think he cares about the team a lot more than he use to. He's there after all the wins shaking hands. I know he has taken pictures with fans and given people field passes for 9ers home and even away games. I think it's Denise that probably doesn't want anything to do with the team. Jed's the main force but John has definitely come a long way from the guy chaining up the gatorade bottles. He's wrote a lot of blank checks lately.

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Thank you Jed York!! Hopefuly the new Eddie D
It was fun fighting with SanDiego and area49 (where is that dude anyway? not much to say when we are winning, I guess) in the ownership thread.

I believed!

Thank you Jed!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Young Jed is looking like a pimp in a 3 piece suit these days.
Originally posted by susweel:
Young Jed is looking like a pimp in a 3 piece suit these days.

He has assumed the title of Head of the Family Business and Don like he was born and destined to do...
Look guys, we will either get Manning or Smith will sign regardless of his trip to Miami. We will be an even better team next year. This makes me realize what a good job Jed York has done since taking over. He doesn't believe in over spending, yet will pursue guys like Harbaugh and Manning, he brought back the old unis, he got us a new stadium and promoted Balkee who's built an amazing team. Harbaugh rightly deserves a lot of credit but York is the cloest thing to Eddie D and probably will be in this day and age of free agency and salary cap. In fact, it's harder these days to build a dynasty.
Share 49ersWebzone