LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 298 users in the forums

New Principle Owner Jed York Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Reported this morning that financing for the stadium had been secured and public officials now deem the construction of a new stadium a project rather than a plan.

Its a go with early estimation of opening in the 2015 season.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Reported this morning that financing for the stadium had been secured and public officials now deem the construction of a new stadium a project rather than a plan.

Its a go with early estimation of opening in the 2015 season.

Jed York has done a great job so far! Hope it only continues to get better
It is looking like Jed is doing a good job and along with Trent and Harbaugh the Niners are on their way to winning and dominating their division.
Jed has come through - no "if's" or "but's" about it.

We are a force to be reckoned with.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
No he doesn't. Harbaugh does. And Harbaugh CHOSE US. Not the other way around. He had options. His wife was having a baby and they didn't want to leave the Bay Area.

Regardless if that is true or not SD you and I both know history will recall this as a shrewd hire from Jed/Trent. That is just the nature of things.

Jed York deserves some credit yes. For taking the decision to not accept further failure and to slowly....very slowly...edge us towards the prestige he once knew. I think the NFC WEST title will be a great start on the road to recovery for the Yorks.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Jed has come through - no "if's" or "but's" about it.

We are a force to be reckoned with.

agreed
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
No he doesn't. Harbaugh does. And Harbaugh CHOSE US. Not the other way around. He had options. His wife was having a baby and they didn't want to leave the Bay Area.
You keep repeating this, but just repeating it does not make it true.

As I remember it, the process was the 49ers (i.e., Jed York and Trent Baalke, offered Harbaugh the job as head coach.
Harbaugh considered his options, and there were many, and he accepted the offer put forward by Jed York and Trent Baalke.

You refuse to give York or Baalke credit.

For your logic to be sustainable, the process would had to have been reversed.
And as far as I know, Harbaugh did not ask York or Baalke for the job.

Sometimes, just sometimes, the past stays in the past. Let it go. Give York credit and move on.

You need to accept the fact that Jed is not his father or mother.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
A truly gifted owner.
Jed was young and inexperienced and made typical young and inexperienced mistakes. There's absolutely no doubting his love for this team and his hero worship of Uncle Eddie. There was no way that he was gonna let Eddie down and continue to let the team flounder under his watch. I say well done to the man. You hired the right GM/Coach. You didn't make wholesale changes to the team and now it would see you delivered the long promised new stadium. What else can one say?
young owner young gm young hc

not a bad formula, this is how dynasties are built

We were fortunate that Harbaugh became available at the right time. Baalke was hired by York, so I guess he deserves some credit for that.
Thanks Jed for the top 10 draft picks starting to show up. If the stadium gets done for the 2015 season then he has done something.
I use to have a dog named Jed when I was little so I'll always have a soft spot for our president/CEO.
He gets mad props from me, he stuck to his guns, got a GM 1st, then the HC.

They wanted Harbaugh all along, but let him explore all options, but Harbaugh and the 49ers knew he wanted the 49ers job.

We offered 5M a yr originally, and thats what he got, he wasn't greedy.

Also mad props for not letting the hype of Free Agency get to us, we got the best players for the best money we have.

Whitner, Akers, Goodwin all signed 3 yr deals, now get Rogers extended, after the 1yr deal, which was smart, rogers hadn't shined till this year like he has.

Costanzo, Grant were great pickups as well, helping Special Teams out tremendously.

Only if Braylon would get his hands out of his ass and catch the ball.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
He gets mad props from me, he stuck to his guns, got a GM 1st, then the HC.

They wanted Harbaugh all along, but let him explore all options, but Harbaugh and the 49ers knew he wanted the 49ers job.

We offered 5M a yr originally, and thats what he got, he wasn't greedy.

Also mad props for not letting the hype of Free Agency get to us, we got the best players for the best money we have.

Whitner, Akers, Goodwin all signed 3 yr deals, now get Rogers extended, after the 1yr deal, which was smart, rogers hadn't shined till this year like he has.

Costanzo, Grant were great pickups as well, helping Special Teams out tremendously.

Only if Braylon would get his hands out of his ass and catch the ball.

agree good stuff
Share 49ersWebzone