LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Harbaugh has one chink in his armor.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We've all seen it, we all know it to be true. Jim Hardballz Harbaugh becomes ultra conservative with a two score lead, and we've seen that cost us one game this season.. and nearly a few more. My fear as a fan is that it is going to come back to haunt us in the playoffs, against the teams with very good offenses that score nearly at will, such as the Green Bay Packers.

Does anyone else have this fear? I don't mean to sound like a complainer, it is just the one lingering fear I have about our beloved 49ers.
kink in his armor*
this is racist
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
We've all seen it, we all know it to be true. Jim Hardballz Harbaugh becomes ultra conservative with a two score lead, and we've seen that cost us one game this season.. and nearly a few more. My fear as a fan is that it is going to come back to haunt us in the playoffs, against the teams with very good offenses that score nearly at will, such as the Green Bay Packers.

Does anyone else have this fear? I don't mean to sound like a complainer, it is just the one lingering fear I have about our beloved 49ers.

And after the Tampa game, people were saying the one kink was being too aggressive with a big lead, leading to Joshua Morgan's injury.
[ Edited by andes14 on Nov 8, 2011 at 12:28 PM ]
Harbaugh fears nothing! NO FEAR!

I actually disagree. What lost us the game vs Dallas was a BS offsides penalty followed by a DB falling down + Reggie Smith being useless.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Nov 8, 2011 at 12:29 PM ]
7-1
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
See the Tampa Bay game Doot! Didn't look like he got conservative there now did he?
Originally posted by andes14:

And after the Tampa game, people were saying the one kink was being too aggressive with a big lead, leading to Joshua Morgan's injury.

Correct. Peeps will have issues no matter what.
Chink is correct.

Originally posted by valrod33:
this is racist

This thread is racist
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
This thread is racist

...because we needed to hear the same joke again....
Originally posted by dhp318:
7-1

Exactly. People forget that you can't win all games prettily (if that's a word, lol) in this league. The following are examples of good teams coming way closer to losing to bad teams than we did vs. Cleveland/Washington:

NYG vs. AZ
BAL vs. AZ
PIT vs. JAX
NYG vs. MIA
GB vs. CAR
N.O. vs. CAR
DET vs. MIN

etc. etc. etc.

Yet our games vs. Cleveland and Washington, of which we still won by 2 scores, deserve criticism? Why?
Yea, you always feel that way when you see you team try to protect a lead. But its just that trying to secure the win and not risk turn over and not get anyone hurt (ala Morgan) and not show anything unnecessary. There was no way Wash was coming back from 16 down in 4 mins.. So you get that W and next game will present a different set of circumstances. If you play the odds Dallas shouldnt have won either, but it's FB not an exact science and a heoric effort by Romo with lead reciever out RB out an a puncture lung to give us a lose.
Share 49ersWebzone