There are 173 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2 Niner defenders on Kings mid-season all pro team

Originally posted by okdkid:
The common complaint amongst pundits is that the 49ers are not "built" to beat a team like the Packers or the Saints in the playoffs.

I'm really not seeing it.

In fact, I'll take the opposite point of view. I don't think the Packers or Saints are built to beat a team like the 49ers in the playoffs.

In January, throwing the ball 50 times with a sieve of a defense will not win you games. Controlling the trenches on both sides of the ball and winning the turnover battle is what wins games.

The Packers and Saints will be fighting an upfield battle should they visit San Francisco in January.

1 word: domes. (at least guaranteed for the super bowl)
[ Edited by dhp318 on Nov 2, 2011 at 10:12 PM ]
We will not lose to the Saints at home. lol.
I think he does that just to get certain players recognition... likewise I can't see how Kam Chancellor is on that list over Ed Reed or even Earl Thomas.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by okdkid:
The common complaint amongst pundits is that the 49ers are not "built" to beat a team like the Packers or the Saints in the playoffs.

I'm really not seeing it.

In fact, I'll take the opposite point of view. I don't think the Packers or Saints are built to beat a team like the 49ers in the playoffs.

In January, throwing the ball 50 times with a sieve of a defense will not win you games. Controlling the trenches on both sides of the ball and winning the turnover battle is what wins games.

The Packers and Saints will be fighting an upfield battle should they visit San Francisco in January.

Who is saying that? The Niners are probably the team best built with the way they are playing now for the playoffs.
Dips**ts like Rodney Harris and the rest of the NFL Network. Apparently, the Packers and Saints will score everytime they touch the ball.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Nov 2, 2011 at 10:26 PM ]
1. There is NO way the Patriots make the Superbowl let alone WIN the Superbowl with that defense.
2. The Saints have been AWFUL on the road the last couple seasons, NO way they beat us in SF in December.
3. To be honest with you, we might have the DEEPEST team in the NFC, yupp the Packers will score, but our defense and run game is MUCH better right now.
4. Aldon Smith will get more recognition throughout the year for DROY, seems like every game he is getting more and more p.t..
Originally posted by dhp318:
I think he does that just to get certain players recognition... likewise I can't see how Kam Chancellor is on that list over Ed Reed or even Earl Thomas.

Plus he has Polamalu and Chancellor, both are SS, wtf, where's the FS like you said,

Ed Reed>>>Polamalu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Earl Thomas>>>>>>>>>>>>>Chancellor
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
1. There is NO way the Patriots make the Superbowl let alone WIN the Superbowl with that defense.
2. The Saints have been AWFUL on the road the last couple seasons, NO way they beat us in SF in December.
3. To be honest with you, we might have the DEEPEST team in the NFC, yupp the Packers will score, but our defense and run game is MUCH better right now.
4. Aldon Smith will get more recognition throughout the year for DROY, seems like every game he is getting more and more p.t..

People will recognize him after he registers a couple of sacks this week and wins rookie of the week again, he will own Ben Hamburger on MNF in front of America!!!!
[ Edited by Slash49 on Nov 2, 2011 at 10:47 PM ]
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Damn! Bowman beats out P Willy? You know, I'll take it. He is an absolute monster this year!

That's just stupid right there, anybody who watches niner games knows that Willis has been covering TEs much more this year then previous seasons. His coverages have shut down opposing TEs.

I like Bowman but he's not at Willis level just yet.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Damn! Bowman beats out P Willy? You know, I'll take it. He is an absolute monster this year!

That's just stupid right there, anybody who watches niner games knows that Willis has been covering TEs much more this year then previous seasons. His coverages have shut down opposing TEs.

I like Bowman but he's not at Willis level just yet.

This, Bowman is playing out of his mind but he is running free cause of Willis, and even then i still think Willis is making more plays then Bowman is, he doesn't see that cause he doesn't watch us, just like the rest of the Football world.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Damn! Bowman beats out P Willy? You know, I'll take it. He is an absolute monster this year!

That's just stupid right there, anybody who watches niner games knows that Willis has been covering TEs much more this year then previous seasons. His coverages have shut down opposing TEs.

I like Bowman but he's not at Willis level just yet.

I don't think anybody, including Peter King, is admitting that. They, like most, don't look at tape. They see the stats. And Bowman is among the NFC leaders in tackles.

Plus he is giving national cred to a guy who will need it to earn his first Pro Bowl.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Damn! Bowman beats out P Willy? You know, I'll take it. He is an absolute monster this year!

That's just stupid right there, anybody who watches niner games knows that Willis has been covering TEs much more this year then previous seasons. His coverages have shut down opposing TEs.

I like Bowman but he's not at Willis level just yet.

He's not even close...this is a situation somewhat similar to VD under Nolan...because we are asking Willis to cover TEs his stats are suffering. When have you ever seen Bowman in coverage this year?

Bowman gets free reigns while Willis does the stuff that won't show up in the stat sheet.

I love Bowman and he's playing phenomenal football but he's no Patrick Willis.
People here are getting a little too cocky. No problem with being optimistic but saying there is no way that the Saints can beat us is ignorant.
Originally posted by okdkid:
The common complaint amongst pundits is that the 49ers are not "built" to beat a team like the Packers or the Saints in the playoffs.

I'm really not seeing it.

In fact, I'll take the opposite point of view. I don't think the Packers or Saints are built to beat a team like the 49ers in the playoffs.

In January, throwing the ball 50 times with a sieve of a defense will not win you games. Controlling the trenches on both sides of the ball and winning the turnover battle is what wins games.

The Packers and Saints will be fighting an upfield battle should they visit San Francisco in January.

You know you are talking about 2 teams who HAVE won in jan and Feb? I would agree with you if you are talking about them facing SF during these months.
For some reason I thought they made the SACRAMENTO Kings all-pro team
DROY sucks
[ Edited by LottOfDefense on Nov 2, 2011 at 11:12 PM ]