There are 233 users in the forums

49ers and the National Media (Perceptions, predictions, articles, etc.)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by braap49er:
Did espn really skip the 49ers/NY giants highlights again? i saw it on the left bar once again, then it disappeared once again, WTF espn. We were suppose to be game of the week too??

STAYING UNDER THE RADAR

It was the game of the week.

It was even on in Texas

And I watched the highlights on ESPN
If this is true.... i say so be it.... let this team go under the radar...

we do everything.... harbaugh wanted this game to prove we arent hiding alex... what did alex do? cept pass 30+ times at 67%+ and win the game.... f**k the analysts
im convinced... we will go to superbowl this year and win boooooooooooooooook ittttttttttttttttt
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
yeah I saw that to.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Deion is full of s**t. Right after he said that, they asked if the Niners can be win a Super Bowl with Alex at QB. He laughed, and started mocking Alex and the team all over again. Not to mention all throughout the highlight of the game he was chanting "I Belieeeeeeve in Eli!' like a moron. I don't need Deion or Jamie's approval to know this team is a legit contender. They can all suck it.

yea he basically said 'you know all of those words I just spoke about the 49ers less than a second ago? didn't mean it hahahaha I believe in eliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

goddamn merc.
i HATE espn and their coverage of the niners.. they will always start a highlight of the cowboys or payton mannings neck before they show anything on the niners
I hate ESPN as well. They people on it know nothing about the 9ers. The ESPN FIrst Take analyst of the team was just trash. They said we ran the ball against the Giants and were doing the underhanded trashing of our team while seeming to praise us.
ESPN needs to move to the middle of the country and use modern technology to keep up on things. It was like the West coast games are being phoned in like they were in the 1930's. ESPN seems to have had to wait for hours to get the tapes and narration down on the 9er game and so the highlights were delayed. I might have missed something, but it seemed they weren't shown until the second time around, late in the evening. And then they looked kind of thrown together and brief compared to the coverage of the east coast games.

So, my point isn't so much bias as laziness, insufficient use of technology and being stuck in the wrong time zone.
Originally posted by carlgo:
ESPN needs to move to the middle of the country and use modern technology to keep up on things. It was like the West coast games are being phoned in like they were in the 1930's. ESPN seems to have had to wait for hours to get the tapes and narration down on the 9er game and so the highlights were delayed. I might have missed something, but it seemed they weren't shown until the second time around, late in the evening. And then they looked kind of thrown together and brief compared to the coverage of the east coast games.

So, my point isn't so much bias as laziness, insufficient use of technology and being stuck in the wrong time zone.

I think some of it has to do with laziness on part of the analysts. Many of the football analysts are on multiple shows. They def. don't have the time to watch all the games and be on TV as much as they are.
Most of the analysts dont remeber that the Niners are a team. Its a culture shock to have them winning games

49ers about to be on right now
Watch the ESPN Countdown Daily Recap video to see how the Niners still continue to fly under the radar. At the end of the recap, Eric Allen still thinks that the Niners wouldn't stand a chance against the Packers in the playoffs because they are ONE dimensional, even though the Niners have beaten all the playoff contenders they have played except the Cowboys. Sick!

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=311113025
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Nov 14, 2011 at 11:12 AM ]
So... Allen says that the 49ers are a "one dimensional ball club" that won't be able to compete with the Pack? Oh, the irony.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
So... Allen says that the 49ers are a "one dimensional ball club" that won't be able to compete with the Pack? Oh, the irony.

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Watch the ESPN Countdown Daily Recap video to see how the Niners still continue to fly under the radar. At the end of the recap, Eric Allen still thinks that the Niners wouldn't stand a chance against the Packers in the playoffs, even though the Niners have beaten all the playoff contenders they have played except the Cowboys. Sick!

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=311113025

No surprise. I really don't expect anyone outside of the 49ers fanbase to come out and say the 49ers can beat the defending champions.
What surprised me was hearing him say that the 49ers are one dimensional. Huh? That sounds like the Packers to me.
Share 49ersWebzone