LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 271 users in the forums

49ers and the National Media (Perceptions, predictions, articles, etc.)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jcool:
Quote:
Jason McIntyre @TheBigLead

So ESPN/CBS talking heads ALL love Giants. SF has no chance, obvs RT @LBT43 everyone on CBS took Giants

Just tired about hearing everyone pick the Giants. Marino is an idiot. I don't know how he stays on that show. Sharpe just likes to hear himself talk and Boomer didn't even make a pick. I don't know why everyone in the media fails to mention the run defense either. All I hear is Giants will win in the run game or their balance is gonna kill us. I hope the Niner defense feels disrespected and comes out and blow some giants up!
Very interesting. Adam Schefter just predicted that SF will resign both Carlos Rogers and Dashon Goldson, Resign Alex Smith to a 2 year contract with a club option for a third year, sign Marques Colston, and trade a couple of spots in the draft to draft Kendall Wright.

His outlook: " Keep the defense in tact. Pair Colsten, Wright and Crabtree along with VD and they will win a SB in the next 2 years."
i like it
But I dont think colsten will leave bree's for alex, but i like his POV for the team
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
It would be nice if that happens but I doubt we will be that aggressive.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
That'd be great. But I doubt Colston reaches FA without the tag, especially if New Orleans gets Brees done. And it looks like Wright could end up a top 15 pick. Not sure we can/should make that move with so much depth needed on this roster.
damn!

wished this would have been kept quite, this can spark NO to offer more to Colston
  • BROWN
  • Veteran
That I would love. That's just pure perfect, can anyone bring up the #'s of what would be feasible to re-sign Larry Grant, Blake Costanzo, Ahmad Brooks, and the rest of our special teams?
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Worst article ever!!! Lowell Cohn should retire lol

Harbaugh gets in touch with his inner child.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by jimrat201:

I agree with this.

Before i actually liked LC's articles but lately he seems to be reaching.

I wouldn't open his article unless he promised naked marissa miller pics
I was listening to some ESPN radio last night. And one of the analysts stated that the Niners should give Alex Smith a 5 year deal(3 guaranteed) for Mid Range money.

Schlereth retorted that he can think of 10 teams who would outbid that....and he was challenged to do so. He had to back peddle. It was pretty funny.

There has never been any hard evidence that any other NFL team besides the 49ers have been interested in Alex Smith.
Originally posted by okdkid:
That'd be great. But I doubt Colston reaches FA without the tag, especially if New Orleans gets Brees done. And it looks like Wright could end up a top 15 pick. Not sure we can/should make that move with so much depth needed on this roster.

They have a lot of top tier free agents (Colston, Carl Nicks, Tracy Porter, Robert Meachem, etc.). They won't be able to keep them all, especially with the monster contract Brees will get. Colston in particular is going to want top WR money and with all the weapons Brees already has, they may not be so interested in spending a lot on Colston, who has been slightly injury prone.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

I wouldn't open his article unless he promised naked marissa miller pics

Do yourself a favor and don't lol I can't believe this douche still has a job.
Originally posted by susweel:
I agree with this.

Before i actually liked LC's articles but lately he seems to be reaching.

Well, yeah because he doesn't have a coach so bad with the media that the articles write themselves. He wants Harbaugh to screw up and give him a story...almost all of them want that so when he doesn't he reaches for one.
Share 49ersWebzone