There are 232 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers and the National Media (Perceptions, predictions, articles, etc.)

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
What surprised me was hearing him say that the 49ers are one dimensional. Huh? That sounds like the Packers to me.

Yeah, the niners are anything but one dimensional. The only way the packers ever win is by outlasting their opponents in shootouts.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
What surprised me was hearing him say that the 49ers are one dimensional. Huh? That sounds like the Packers to me.

Yeah, the niners are anything but one dimensional. The only way the packers ever win is by outlasting their opponents in shootouts.

The funny thing is that if or when the Niners "shock the world" with postseason wins, all these guys will be saying no one can say they saw this coming.

What's even funnier is a lot of analyst aren't buying based on their belief that we can't beat GB? Well s**t! Doesn't just about everyone belief NO TEAM can beat GB right now? Just because we may not be able to beat the best team in the NFL does not mean we haven't arrived, like BAL, right.

I knew analyst didn't do their entire homework but I never thought they would be this dense or unknowledgeable.
Originally posted by Joecool:
The funny thing is that if or when the Niners "shock the world" with postseason wins, all these guys will be saying no one can say they saw this coming.

What's even funnier is a lot of analyst aren't buying based on their belief that we can't beat GB? Well s**t! Doesn't just about everyone belief NO TEAM can beat GB right now? Just because we may not be able to beat the best team in the NFL does not mean we haven't arrived, like BAL, right.

I knew analyst didn't do their entire homework but I never thought they would be this dense or unknowledgeable.

Many are still talking about Smith's tendency to throw interceptions, or how the 9ers can only score points by running even though the running game did not get going until the 4th game and Smith led numerous comebacks this year. Group-think is a terrible thing! But Harbaugh doesn't mind!
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Watch the ESPN Countdown Daily Recap video to see how the Niners still continue to fly under the radar. At the end of the recap, Eric Allen still thinks that the Niners wouldn't stand a chance against the Packers in the playoffs because they are ONE dimensional, even though the Niners have beaten all the playoff contenders they have played except the Cowboys. Sick!

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=311113025

One of the commentators on "Around the Horn" said Smith passed for 109 yards yesterday.
ESPN hates to be wrong so they will try as much as possible to avoid giving the niners air time. so look for them to try and switch out our MNF game vs. PIT, rofl.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Who cares.

This.
Yal do realize that Deion is on NFL network and so is Fatass Dukes
Did they ever show highlights on the night broadcast of Sportscenter? I was tired from my travels and fell asleep before the end of the show. But like the original OP I did see them on the side bar and then ... whoops, it disappeared again. Stayed up for about another 10 - 15 minutes but never saw any before crashing.
Tom Jackson from ESPN just said that Aaron Rodgers is playing better than anyone in 25 years? 25 years? I'm sorry - that takes us back to 1986. Sorry, there was this little-known quarterback named Joe FREAKING Montana back then.

Aaron has a lot of work to be better than Joe. A lot.

This pisses me off so much.
Originally posted by tulliman:
Tom Jackson from ESPN just said that Aaron Rodgers is playing better than anyone in 25 years? 25 years? I'm sorry - that takes us back to 1986. Sorry, there was this little-known quarterback named Joe FREAKING Montana back then.

i guess 2007 was more than 25 years ago too.

not sure why these commentators have such short memories.

I think it's a good argument. Superbowls aside, Rodgers is making ridiculous throws that I have never seen Montana make.

I'm talking about 50 yard, back-shoulder darts, with uncanny chemistry between him and the WRs. It's seriously amazing.

I dont think there is anything wrong with that statement. He didnt say Radgers is better than Montana just "playing" better. Rodgers is playing out of his mind. Here are his stats:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8439/aaron-rodgers

A lot of guys do not get that this is a different game than in the 80s and mid 90s. Brett Farve is proof. He was a great qb back in the day and still was able to play at the highest level in today's NFL as a 40 year old has been. Montana, Young, Marino, and Elway would have left the game with untouchable numbers with the rules currently in place.

I do not care if Manning and Rogers smash all the records.
really, they (keyshawn) pick on braylon's lining up offsides in the "come on man!" segment (as well as toss in a backhanded slight @ alex, saying he was sacked on that play...IIRC the niners completed a pass on that play)....how bout the refs' complete dumbass call on the missed whitner forced fumble?!?!?!
Originally posted by Jakemall:
A lot of guys do not get that this is a different game than in the 80s and mid 90s. Brett Farve is proof. He was a great qb back in the day and still was able to play at the highest level in today's NFL as a 40 year old has been. Montana, Young, Marino, and Elway would have left the game with untouchable numbers with the rules currently in place.

I do not care if Manning and Rogers smash all the records.

mmm hmm.