LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

Can the Niners attain No. 1 seed in NFC?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I live in SD and the Chargers start slow every single year. It's their M.O. And they finish super strong. They tend to play their best with their backs against the wall. And they have the Packers at home. They are mostly very good over the years at Qualcomm Stadium. Rivers is a great QB who is having a tough year. But he is due for a great game. I really could see the Chargers beating them this week. The Packers could lose their first game as early as this Sunday.

I certainly hope your prediction turns out for us, I just have my doubts.
But hell, Sunday will be here soon enough.
Originally posted by JayDAche:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I live in SD and the Chargers start slow every single year. It's their M.O. And they finish super strong. They tend to play their best with their backs against the wall. And they have the Packers at home. They are mostly very good over the years at Qualcomm Stadium. Rivers is a great QB who is having a tough year. But he is due for a great game. I really could see the Chargers beating them this week. The Packers could lose their first game as early as this Sunday.

I certainly hope your prediction turns out for us, I just have my doubts.
But hell, Sunday will be here soon enough.

I don't think the Packers will go undefeated. They aren't that good. They have a great passing attack. They have other holes on that team. We are actually more complete in some aspects on our roster as crazy as it sounds.
It's all about the schedule for us. The packers have played multiple bad teams so far and to say the rest of there schedule is tough is an understatement. Our schedule on the other hand is much easier from here on out.
The Packers schedule is not tough IMO. I hope we go to Lambeau in January, we play tough football we will match up fine in zero degree weather when all they want to do is pass. We will bang with them just fine...
We WILL attain the no.1 seed.
As we all know the Packers are the Super Bowl Champs. One thing if the Packers lose one or two games this year in order for us to get to the No. 1 seed we bascially have to win all our remaining games to get the number 1 seed. That seems a little far fetched but not impossible. One big problem is the Ravens on turkey day. We once again have to travel to the east coast and on a real short week. Thats gonna be one tough game to win. Another problem is the Steelers on Monday night. The Steelers at this moment in time is probably playing the best ball of anyone. Of course s^^t happens and who knows. The Giants I think are over rated and we should win that game at home. We can beat or have beat all other NFC teams. Packers are going to have to fall apart for us to gain the number one seed, unless injuries happen to them I just dont see us becoming the number one seed but number 2 would be just fine with me considering who thought at the begining of the season that we would even make the playoffs.
Hell yeah! Green Bay is a good team, but people talk about them like they're the '89 Niners. Give me a break! Not saying they wouldn't have won the games they have, but it's easy to look as good as they have when you're playing bad teams.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JayDAche:
Packers (7-0) : Chargers Vikings TB Lions Giants Oakland cheifs Bears Lions

I don't see the Packers losing any of these games.

Basically the one game they played poorly was against Atlanta....and they still managed to pull that one out. I think Atlanta's a better team than all of these.

If they aren't half-arsing it, and are trying to win....they win out.
[ Edited by kray28 on Nov 4, 2011 at 11:37 AM ]
nvm, miss read
[ Edited by Shorteous on Nov 4, 2011 at 12:25 PM ]
  • Kense
  • Veteran
What is all this talk saying the Packers are not that good and the 49ers are? Please stop being ridiculous, they won a superbowl last year with basically the same exact team. So please explain what the hell you're talking about "not that good"? Teams "not that good" don't win superbowls.

Originally posted by Kense:
What is all this talk saying the Packers are not that good and the 49ers are? Please stop being ridiculous, they won a superbowl last year with basically the same exact team. So please explain what the hell you're talking about "not that good"? Teams "not that good" don't win superbowls.

the packers are good. they got hot and had a great postseason and Rodgers has been playing out of his mind since they lost to the Lions last year. But they're not invincible. They have a poor running game and a suspect defense overall, especially against the pass. not sure how they are against the run.

not saying the niners are as good, or better, but they are more balanced. they're the most balanced team in the league, IMO.
The Broncos won't be seeding anything with Tebow at QB.
  • Kense
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:
the packers are good. they got hot and had a great postseason and Rodgers has been playing out of his mind since they lost to the Lions last year. But they're not invincible. They have a poor running game and a suspect defense overall, especially against the pass. not sure how they are against the run.

not saying the niners are as good, or better, but they are more balanced. they're the most balanced team in the league, IMO.

In the NFL nobody is invincible, anybody can lose to anybody but there are elite teams and Green bay is one of them. Not sure how you can call the 49ers balanced when the passing offense is second to last. The Steelers are the most balanced team in the league.

In the NFL nobody is invincible, anybody can lose to anybody but there are elite teams and Green bay is one of them. Not sure how you can call the 49ers balanced when the passing offense is second to last. The Steelers are the most balanced team in the league.

yeah, the Steelers are playing really well right now. They have good balance, for sure, and more experience.

I don't care about the rankings. The Niners have the most efficient passing game in the league. The Steelers put up big numbers but pass the ball twice as much a game and are near the top of the league in sacks allowed. The Niners excel in all three phases of the game and are near the top of the league in many important categories, in every phase.

Ya want balance?

Niners vs Browns. 174 yards passing, 174 yards rushing.

The rest of the NFL is IMbalanced toward the pass. That's why the Niners are 31st.

The NFL has become more and more of a passing league. Defenses have adjusted and are sheming ways to stop the pass (line the wide 9 in Detroit and Philly). The players are fast edge type players and big run stuffing Bs are dinosaurs.

Enter a team willing to put 6 or 7 O-Linemen in a game with 2 TEs....and Pass. The Niners are STOMPING people. Its a change of philosophy. Don't be surprised if people copy it.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Nov 4, 2011 at 4:12 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone