LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 320 users in the forums

What's your Biggest REALISTIC Fear for the 49ers for the Rest of the Season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
that we win the Super Bowl by only ten or fewer points.
  • dj43
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Staying Healthy

So far we have been lucky, but I'm also getting a little impatient and want to see the passing game become more of a factor, once an opposing defense has the fear of our passing attack, our running game will be even more effective

this

Staying healthy is always the first and most important component of teams that go deep in the playoffs.

We have seen how limiting the Edwards and Morgan injuries, combined with Crabtree's lack of practice time, have been to the passing game. This is a talented team but not deep in some critical areas. Losing Alex Smith would be a crusher as Kaepernick has shown he is not ready.

I don't think Harbaugh will allow complacency to set in. It just isn't in his makeup. I'm not worried about that. Injuries are the greatest, and most unpredictable concern.
Fatigue. Maiocco mentioned it in his write up about the second quarter. Also, with us likely locking up the division very early, will we loose a bit of our edge?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Fatigue. Maiocco mentioned it in his write up about the second quarter. Also, with us likely locking up the division very early, will we loose a bit of our edge?

IDK about that. Home field in the playoffs is a HUGE advantage.
More Stupid posts that will lessen my enjoyment of the Niners first winning season in nine years.
Injuries, more injuries.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
This team has exceeded my expectations already. Making the playoffs and playing competitively, regardless of win or lose, I'd still be happy. The future is bright my friendz. I want the Saints or Lions at home! f**k Sean Payton and Schwartz.

THIS
Missing out on drafting Andrew Luck!! Ha ha!
Concerns:

Offensive Stars like Vernon Davis, Braylon Edwards, Michael Crabtree, and Delanie Walker (to a lesser extent) becoming upset that they are not featured in the weekly game plan. If Vernon decides to take a me-first attitude because of a lack of production, it will be a major distraction.

The defensive line has spectacular starters and barely average back-ups. They could wear down.

Alex seems to suffer sporadic accuracy issues.
Injuries

bubonic plague
I fear that we Plato and stop getting better!!!
Originally posted by spraked:
I fear that we Plato and stop getting better!!!

I think that spell checker is giving you bad suggestion... I think you mean plateaued
NO FEAR - Concerns: Alex and the passing game - As long as our pass rush continues our secondary will be fine.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
More Stupid posts that will lessen my enjoyment of the Niners first winning season in nine years.

Agreed.
Share 49ersWebzone