There are 210 users in the forums

What's your Biggest REALISTIC Fear for the 49ers for the Rest of the Season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm not talking about our pro bowlers getting hurt and lost for the season or something (knock on wood) -- I'm talking about mistakes and trends, degrading performance, matchups, etc.

Mine is that we get sloppy late in the season, lose some games we should win (like against the NFC West), and blow the #2 seed and end up with the #3 seed. As a result, we host the 6th-seeded Eagles in SF and lose. That's my fear.
The secondary.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
The secondary.

Our secondary still gets burned in the middle of the field, but since we're a physical team -- instead of a speed team -- we tighten up pretty well in the End Zone. I don't see that going away.
Lose the Super Bowl.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Our secondary still gets burned in the middle of the field, but since we're a physical team -- instead of a speed team -- we tighten up pretty well in the End Zone. I don't see that going away.

I get that, and you are correct. I'm looking ahead to the Packers and the shoot out that will be. I don't trust our offense to see us through that, so I'm worried about our brilliantly over achieving secondary.
Originally posted by jayfreshx3:
Lose the Super Bowl.

You sir, can leave the forum in shame right about....now.

Edit: I'd wink but I have that fear also.
[ Edited by BubbaParisMVP on Nov 2, 2011 at 5:38 AM ]
Alex
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
I get that, and you are correct. I'm looking ahead to the Packers and the shoot out that will be. I don't trust our offense to see us through that, so I'm worried about our brilliantly over achieving secondary.

I'm more worried about the passing offense than the passing defense. We tighten up pretty well in the Red Zone, but we're screwed if we can't run for 150 - 200 yards per game.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
I'm more worried about the passing offense than the passing defense. We tighten up pretty well in the Red Zone, but we're screwed if we can't run for 150 - 200 yards per game.

Here's why I'm concerned about the secondary, a loose secondary suggests a need to throw. And if our D is vulnerable, it's vulnerable in the secondary. We don't want to get in a shoot out...because we sure as hell don't want to throw for our supper. And that gets us back to your point.

I'd say we're on the same side of the table, but for different reasons. .
[ Edited by BubbaParisMVP on Nov 2, 2011 at 6:04 AM ]
Staying Healthy

So far we have been lucky, but I'm also getting a little impatient and want to see the passing game become more of a factor, once an opposing defense has the fear of our passing attack, our running game will be even more effective

i don't really have any fears for the regular season but i do not want to face the Eagles in the playoffs. I would rather play the Packer's than Philly come January.
Originally posted by insanemike27:
i don't really have any fears for the regular season but i do not want to face the Eagles in the playoffs. I would rather play the Packer's than Philly come January.

Saints?
snakes and spiders
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
This team has exceeded my expectations already. Making the playoffs and playing competitively, regardless of win or lose, I'd still be happy. The future is bright my friendz. I want the Saints or Lions at home! f**k Sean Payton and Schwartz.
My fear is that we win the superbowl by less than 30 points.
Share 49ersWebzone