There are 155 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should we lock up Braylon, (if he continues to play well), before he hits FA?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Him and Crabtree would make a nice two some. Discuss.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 1, 2011 at 5:29 AM ]
Love his attitude and the ability he brings to the team. Way too early to tell, but like you say, if he plays well throughout the season, lock it up!
yes!
would rather go after Dwayne Bowe but wouldnt mind having Braylon for a couple of more years
As long as it is for the right price I say YES.
I say do it. When healthy, he is a huge part of the offense. We have yet to totally open up the passing game and having Braylon in the mix for the next couple of years will only be big things for this offense. Hell....it could be big things in the playoffs this season.

If you think about it, they haven't yet played a team where they needed to rely on the passing game which is probably why we haven't seen what they can really do yet. Passing to win may not be a factor until perhaps the Ravens? I think Harbaugh is just trying to increase Alex's confidence for down the road when he's going to eventually carry the team on his shoulders to win it by throwing the ball. I guess you can kind of say he sort of did that in detroit.
Originally posted by asu49ers:
would rather go after Dwayne Bowe but wouldnt mind having Braylon for a couple of more years

This! We have to see whats out there first. My question is with Mr. Smith, what do we do w/ his one year contract
That backwards jump he did to grab the ball from way behind him, during the Browns game? .....Yeah, let's lock him up.
a 2-3 year extension would be sweet!
Depending no who is available. He hasn't really done anything yet. Let's see how he finishes out the season.
Originally posted by 49erLegacy:
As long as it is for the right price I say YES.

Unfortunately his injury put a damper on his performance value. He really hasn't done much to warrant a new contract NOR has he done anything not to sign him. His attitude is excellent and he works hard. On the surface I'd be comfortable resigning him but it is a little early to make an informed decision. CRodgers however has performed and it would be great if we can lock him up to a good deal.
We need Braylon. Lock him up.

And Alex, and Ginn, and ....

Nice change for it to be our own people top of the FA list!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Unfortunately his injury put a damper on his performance value. He really hasn't done much to warrant a new contract NOR has he done anything not to sign him. His attitude is excellent and he works hard. On the surface I'd be comfortable resigning him but it is a little early to make an informed decision. CRodgers however has performed and it would be great if we can lock him up to a good deal.

we dont pass enough for any wr to do much, and for those who want dwayne bowe what makes yall think the cheifs will let him test the market?
Yes, Lock Braylon up this season def!