There are 101 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What new wrinkle will we see?

In each game this season, we have seen the 49ers introduce more offense (and even some new defense). Given the bye week gave the 49ers time to iron out previous plays and improve, AND extra time to add to the scheme, what new wrinkles in either offense or defense do you think will emerge this week?

THIS WEEK, maybe we see:
1. See the passing game attacking the deep middle of the field more (most passes have been called to the outside so far)
2. Soap running the ball? Or even throwing a pass? He has been lobbying for a chance to throw a pass, apparently he can throw the ball really well.
3. What do you think?

Here is what we have seen so far:
OFFENSE:
1. Three tight ends aligned on a side on line of scrimmage
2. Three tight ends in a tight bunch formation
3. Soap at fullback in 2 fullback set
4. Ginn on end around, and also on sprint flat sweep plays
5. Wham block run from several formations against (Detroit)
6. Anthing else?

DEFENSE:
1. Aldon Smith has evolved from DE to OLB, and flopping sides to rush from different angles
2. Culliver has become a good nickle DB playing on the outside receiver with Rogers moving inside. (Amazing how much they had him on Calvin Johnson!)
3. They seemed to have more ILB blitzes early in the season, but now they are leaving it to the "front 4"
4. Anything else?
i think we open up the game throwing, much like the bucs game. then the browns' D is off balance all game long.
This play:

http://youtu.be/ZrLke1v9cQU#t=09m07s

I wonna see these

Hm, I'm not really sure what we'd get out of running Sopoaga, lol. When you add a wrinkle like running Ginn, there's a change you take it to the house. A really well-designed Sopo play might get you 5 or 6 yards.
If Sopoaga throws a pass for a TD or runs one in Im gonna frame my Jersey and never wear it again......
annexation of puerto rico
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Hm, I'm not really sure what we'd get out of running Sopoaga, lol. When you add a wrinkle like running Ginn, there's a change you take it to the house. A really well-designed Sopo play might get you 5 or 6 yards.

Yeah, I was thinking a short yardage situation.
ZERO wrinkles this week. we are going to run at them, then run it at them some more .. make them prove they can stop the run.... which i really don't think the browns can do... i really feel like we are going to get over 200 yards rushing against the browns on sunday.
No we are actually going to see some deep balls thrown, Esp if Braylon is really healthy. You know he wants to stick it to them. You see how Cribbs wasnt giving him any love.
Originally posted by toeknee:
annexation of puerto rico

Thats what I used to described the O to my boys a few weeks ago when they were wondering why the O looks good all of a sudden. But honestly other than a few deep passes to Braylon not much different. But noticed that they do use alot more motion on offense at home since they dont have to worry about crowd noise. (Bucs game)
[ Edited by sean610 on Oct 28, 2011 at 7:23 PM ]
I think you forgot about Walker he has lined up at fullback, wide receiver, offensive line, tight end. If there is a new wrinkle I would think it would come in the run game.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
a td pass longer then 40 yards
A variation of the halfback option either with Gore, VD, D. Walker, or Ted Ginn.

I thought I saw a busted one with Gore ( he was going to the outside sorta half speed, a quick look down field, but ended up tackled for no gain) either in the Bucs game or Lions game. If so they need to go back to it again.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 28, 2011 at 7:52 PM ]
slants and double moves