There are 251 users in the forums

What new wrinkle will we see?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Option pass from Gore to VD = TD
It will come from special teams.

Was it Nolan that would bust out with random Onside kicks? Nedney had some crazy stat at 3-3 on onside kicks. Something like that .

But I think Sealy is do for calling a fake punt . We have some fast players with good hands on special teams
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:

Is Al doing doing that stupid Rodgers belt move
I look for Walker to have a big game, and for Hunter to catch some passes out of a two back set, we have not put Gore and Hunter on the field at the same time very often, I look for that to change soon.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Saw in the Redskins game more involvement with Edwards, more slants and also saw a lot of audibles by Alex. In addition, the big wrinkle I saw was that they were moving OL around a lot...moving Staley to RT and Snyder to LT on plays; many more...and overloading on one side with extra OL and TE's but running backside. Again, adding more to their arsenal and giving the opposition something extra to think about!

Any other wrinkles you saw this week? On defense?

Yeah, I saw the "Full House" backfield look a few times, I'm not a huge fan of this, but it worked. a few times, and as it's already been posted makes future opponents have more to think about and prepare for!
I'm calling it now, IF our O-Line holds up against Usi and Tuck, IF that happens, I really think we'll see a Flea flicker this week!!! It would be cool If it happened on the first play of the game for a deep Ginn/Crabs/Edwards TD
Deep pass to Edwards. I believe we have not attempted even one long ball to Braylon this year. That HAS to change.
New wrinkle - The Skywalker.
Soap with a long pass down field. Code name "skywalker"
Originally posted by global_nomad:

Hello
Sky-Walker as in Delanie

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Hello
Sky-Walker as in Delanie

too obvious. Did you read Maiocco's post? it says major trickery with a big shot down field.
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
It will come from special teams.

Was it Nolan that would bust out with random Onside kicks? Nedney had some crazy stat at 3-3 on onside kicks. Something like that .

But I think Sealy is do for calling a fake punt . We have some fast players with good hands on special teams

There is a coach somewhere, I think maybe a D2 team, who never punt and goes for onside kicks every time. He has a very good record and he makes a very strong statistical case for doing this. 99% of coaches will never do things too radical because they hate to be criticized and would rather have the players blamed for a loss, not some innovative idea that can be labelled strange.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Hello
Sky-Walker as in Delanie

too obvious. Did you read Maiocco's post? it says major trickery with a big shot down field.

idk if you noticed against WASH...

DW was looking down field on the end around instead of just running hard with the ball
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Deep pass to Edwards. I believe we have not attempted even one long ball to Braylon this year. That HAS to change.

This. It will be the Skywalker play
mid-deep passing game with Edwards will be the new wrinkle this week. Coach has been delicate with him these last few games which is smart because if we lose him again the loss would be huge. This week he opens it up, and we start to see some chemistry between him and AS.
Share 49ersWebzone