There are 51 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How similar are the 49ers to the Ravens this year?

Just listening to to Monday Night Countdown as they discuss the Ravens and I was thinking to myself, "damn this sounds like the niners"
Dilfer mention how John Harbaugh didn't let Flacco lose a game after throwing a pick 6 so they ran it for the rest of the game. Stellar defense, strong run game, Flacco seems to be a game manager this year and isn't losing games.
it's the legacy of former ravens coaches nolan & singletary....
Can't wait for Thanksgiving!
Thanksgiving could be a SB preview!
ditka mentions what the ravens do well,
they run the ball well (check)
they stop the run (check)
they play great special teams (check)
Very similar indeed but the Ravens have better WR than us and still Flacco cant get them the ball, I think if the Ravens cant get that portion of their offense together I think they could fall off as it makes them one denominational.
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
Very similar indeed but the Ravens have better WR than us and still Flacco cant get them the ball, I think if the Ravens cant get that portion of their offense together I think they could fall off as it makes them one denominational.

Boldin and Evans are not better than Edwards and Crabtree.
They are both built the same way. The only difference is that when Flacco is on, they look unbeatable. Luckily Flacco is very on/off
Yeah I don't believe in Flacco at all. Because of that I think the Ravens are much less scary than the Patriots, Saints, or Packers.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:

Not sure anyone can say that boldin and evans aren't better. At least they can stay on the field (not out from injuries) Probably have more rec this season, and career than our guys.

Even the ravens 3rd wr is prob better than ours.
they are very similar. great at stopping the run. clock control, few mistakes offensive. I think Ray Rice is a more punishing runner than Gore, but Gore is quicker and faster. Ravens front 7 arent as fast as ours, but their secondary is better just cuz of Ed Reed. I dont think its a coincidence that the brothers have similar philosophies.
def looking forward to Thanksgiving!
Gobble Gobble Day is gonna by LIVE!!!!
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:

Not sure anyone can say that boldin and evans aren't better. At least they can stay on the field (not out from injuries) Probably have more rec this season, and career than our guys.

Even the ravens 3rd wr is prob better than ours.

I stand by my statement.
The first (1981) and most recent (1994) 49ers Super Bowl Champion teams also played the team they faced in the Super Bowl in the regular season (beat Bengals twice in '81...Chargers twice in '94)

Should this 2011 team make it all the way, in order of precedence from whom they face in the AFC-N in the regular season, their most likely Super Bowl opponent will be:

1) Ravens
2) Steelers
3) Bengals (hehehe...)
4) Browns

Then again, it could be the Pats....
The Ravens look terrible.