There are 99 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who should start if we clinch playoffs?

Who should start if we clinch playoffs?

We will do exactly what Coach Harbaugh wants. Looking at his Stanford yrs plus 6 games this yr, I think he just puts his foot on the opponents throats until a game is out of reach and then decides who to protect from getting injured as opposed to sitting and getting rusty. Whatever he chooses will be the best choice, so no need to worry about it now.
We just need keep the hammer down until the playoff seeds are locked in . . . but if that day comes with some regular season left I suppose Kaep is the lead understudy. That's what we saw against Tampa.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Oct 23, 2011 at 5:42 PM ]
Playoff teams sometimes bench their starters to prevent injury, but I don't see us doing that, its still our first season under harbaugh so every game leading up to playoffs is important for us getting better

and anyone who thought he meant benching them IN the playoffs, you are retarded
Alex needs all the reps he can get in this offense. Now if we have home field advantage locked up for some crazy reason and are like 13-1 then I'd say rest the starters a little before the playoffs.
Originally posted by prime21:
You guys must be the dumbest a-holes Ive ever had to deal with. Do you seriously think I would want to bench Alex in the actual playoffs? If we clinch a playoff berth, we can still have at least one regular season game left where it would be risky to let any of our starters play, this can become a virtual bye week reminiscent of 94-95 when we tanked a game to the Vikings right before the playoffs began. Im almost ashamed to be rooting for the same team as you lame a$$ F*cks.

Oh yeah, did i mention the strategy worked. We won the Super Bowl that year.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Playoff teams sometimes bench their starters to prevent injury, but I don't see us doing that, its still our first season under harbaugh so every game leading up to playoffs is important for us getting better

and anyone who thought he meant benching them IN the playoffs, you are retarded

Considering Harbaugh was calling for 25 yard td passes on 4 and 2 up 41 to 3 with four minutes left and starters in the game, I believe no one will sit until it's time to go home.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Oct 23, 2011 at 5:47 PM ]
Clinch playoffs? Home field advantage is HUGE. If we clinch home field advantage, then it is a different story.

Our quarterback is playing well, but we have won with DEFENSE, special teams, and rushing. We need to win every single possible game we can because of how epic HUGE home field advantage is.
Honestly, Harbaugh doesn't really seem like a rest your starters when the game doesn't really count kinda guy.
your a dbag. go back to oakland where u belong. i hear palmer needs a hug.
Why is home field so HUGE? We've lost more at home than we have on the road.
Originally posted by MaliCali:
Kaep, but only if we clinch a bye

No, Kaep but only if we clinch ANYTHING. If losing can hurt our seed, or winning can help our seed, Smith is the guy. Once we're LOCKED in to a particular seed, THAT'S when Kaep can have consideration. It wouldn't be if we clinch a bye, because what if winning would help us clinch the #1 seed?
Why is home field so HUGE? We've lost more at home than we have on the road.

Playoffs are a whole different ball game. You don't wanna travel to Lambeau in January.
You guys must be the dumbest a-holes Ive ever had to deal with. Do you seriously think I would want to bench Alex in the actual playoffs? If we clinch a playoff berth, we can still have at least one regular season game left where it would be risky to let any of our starters play, this can become a virtual bye week reminiscent of 94-95 when we tanked a game to the Vikings right before the playoffs began. Im almost ashamed to be rooting for the same team as you lame a$$ F*cks.

HAHAHA... everyone was flaming hard too. I heart this thread! TROLOLO
we could actually be fighting for home field throughout, so no one sits.
wtf???