There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

You have been a 49ers fan since...

You have been a 49ers fan since...

Since Jim Plunkett was a Niner ..
never
since 86 to present
Born in 87, first had to watch the cowgirls win a superbowl, and then watched Steve Young torch the chargers. One of the best memories of my life, my best friend and his two older brothers were all die hard and the two older brothers got us speaking 49er when we were 4. Lived in the bay area my whole life as well. This stuff is in my blood like most here.
Since 89, started watching them heavily in '92, been a die hard ever since
  • kush
  • Veteran
Since '94, when I was 5 years old.
81-85 for me. I was born in 1975 and my grandfather was a Niners fan. He got me to love the team and I have stuck by them ever since. It has been a long 11 years of suck but I am sure enjoying this run.
My dad started taking me to kezar in 1965, he had season tickets and his best friend who owned the seats lived nearby the stadium so we could park there also. Didn't know how lucky a 9 year old I was then. Used to make money ($.50-$1) after the game collecting seat cushions..got 10 cents apiece from the vendors. wow
[ Edited by kezar49er on Oct 21, 2011 at 5:38 PM ]
First game I remember watching in detail was the Niners second Super Bowl win over the Bengals. Of course the game was on in my house every Sunday in '85 but until that Super Bowl it was just background noise.
listened to all of dad's kezar stories like how we ruined gale sayers' career after he ran 6 td's on us, jim marshall's "wrong way run", etc. so being born in the summer of '69 (30th & mission baby!), the 49ers were as synonymous as one's own ethnic background...it's part of your culture. remember '81 like yesterday and hopin we're seeing the second coming. win or lose, ride or die...niners all day
[ Edited by craigyboy on Oct 21, 2011 at 5:46 PM ]
Originally posted by kezar49er:
My dad started taking me to kezar in 1965, he had season tickets and his best friend who owned the seats lived nearby the stadium so we could park there also. Didn't know how lucky a 9 year old I was then. Used to make money ($.50-$1) after the game collecting seat cushions..got 10 cents apiece from the vendors. wow

Cool. But I'm probably understanding wrong.. it sounds like you collected 5-10 seat cushions? That's all?
Was born Jan 22, 1989 during the 49ers vs Bengals Superbowl. Not sure which my dad was more excited about, but he wanted to name me Joe Montana England
I think it goes back the the NFC Championship game from the 92 season (Jan 17, 93). My identical twin brother and I where competitive and being in Wisc and having not one person in our entire family liking football we just ended up each choosing a team in that game to root for and have stuck with them ever since. I'm a bigger fan 9er fan than he is Cowboys fan though. He didn't follow as closely for a few years back in the early 2,000s. He's still a die hard but he isn't every day like I am. Anyways, can't really remember the game but I do remember as a 9 year old watching the 49ers in Super Bowl 29. I was wearing my 49er taz manian devil pajamas. I would wear my 49ers joggers and shirt to school like every day. That was my 3rd grade picture clothes, 4th grade was a Rice jersey. Had 49ers stuff up in my room and have collected ever since. Sold most of it though... I had everything from socks, shirts, boxers, tons of hats, jerseys, collectibles, cards, blankets, sheets, light switch cover all the way to 49er dart fins. I remember going trick-r-treating with a red bandanna like Deion would wear and black eye paint with my bugs bunny and taz 49ers shirt. Spent many years having to watch NFC Central (now north) games and would hope every Sunday the 9ers would be on. Got to see them like 3-6 times a year due to them being on MNF 3 times a year. Then a playoff game and another game during the season here and there. I would run to the tv to see the score when the little music would play because back then they would have the scoreboards come up once a quarter if that.

After that spent like 7 years following with Gamecenter's on my slow dial up internet. Tried to listen online to the game but my internet would cut out. After that had Sunday Ticket from 05-10 and only missed 1 game because it was a christmas weekend game on saturday and thought the game was on sunday that week. Pissed me off! Now I am streaming the games live... might get the sunday ticket for ps3 next year if they get the bugs worked out. Also, got nfl rewind to rewatch the games. That's my story.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I've been a fan since 1984 when I first started playing termite football.