LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

Web Zoner's Punk Pundits Twitter Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mike:
He has a point, it's just a stupid power ranking which is based off of his subjective opinion, who gives a s**t?

But if part of your job description has an inherent degree of objectivity... its ridiculous to rank a 5-1 team with a harder schedule and tougher road games over a 4-2 team that got beat by that 5-1 team 48-3. There will always be a degree of bias, but he can't even defend his position so basically its just hatred... this is just one of the many things he has F'd up and he needs to go so someone watchable can take his spot.
Originally posted by crabman82:
best part for me was right off the bat how he played the nice grammar card, grammar has never been used on twitter, guy tweets with warren sapp quite a bit, i bet he dont call him out on his grammar

that was me calling him out 4 his grammar. this was his response- "one game don't a season make."
yet another response, this dude cant get enough haha. i really struck a nerve with him!

@johnd4914 over a 16 game season I think tampa will be a better team. Just my opinion. Could not care less what anyone else thinks about it

@JasonLaCanfora "experts" back up their opinions, u obviously cant. i will heckle u all season as we continue 2 b better then them. #49ers!

He answered me. I told him it doesn't make any sense. Not following, lol
HAHA, I just hit him up...told him he must be smokin some good. What a complete tool...
.................................................................................................................................me^ ^ jason
[ Edited by VaNiner540 on Oct 19, 2011 at 6:54 PM ]
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
He answered me. I told him it doesn't make any sense. Not following, lol

he did again hahaha, u made him cry

@Jason_P22 I'll cry myself to sleep tonite. But somehow, I'm time, I'll get over it. Godspeed.
  • NONAME
  • Go Raiders
He official proved he is a dumb ass! ! Not because of his comments about the 49ers but because of his responses! This isn't a pro sports writers response LOL!
He actually had a logical response, he actually cited all of last years numbers! lulz
  • iohk
  • Veteran
Sounds like a guy who's never been laid..
Just a complete tool. How did he get hired?
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5280High:
But if part of your job description has an inherent degree of objectivity... its ridiculous to rank a 5-1 team with a harder schedule and tougher road games over a 4-2 team that got beat by that 5-1 team 48-3. There will always be a degree of bias, but he can't even defend his position so basically its just hatred... this is just one of the many things he has F'd up and he needs to go so someone watchable can take his spot.

Show me where his job description includes this? Do you think he's a reporter? He's not. As a matter of fact he's hired FOR HIS OPINION. His "logic" is that he still doubts smith and thinks the bucs are the better team, despite the "laid egg" and complete embarrassment against us.

The thing about "power rankings" is what exactly are they supposed to be based on? Fact? What is fact when anything can happen from week to week? If the raiders upset the patriots obviously they don't skyrocket up the rankings just because of that. He sees it that way: an upset, but the bucs will finish with a better record.

Who's to say that he's wrong and you're right? Our opinion as a 49er fanbase obviously is going to make us subjective too. It's not like the bucs have a much worse record than us they're 4-2, all it takes is for us to underestimate a few of these "easy" teams while the bucs won't underestimate anyone after the embarrassment we handed them.
[ Edited by mike on Oct 19, 2011 at 7:04 PM ]

Originally posted by KDTMDSFC:
I say we blow his twitter up....

I don't want to make this guy actually think we care enough though
Originally posted by 5280High:

Show me where his job description includes this? Do you think he's a reporter? He's not. As a matter of fact he's hired FOR HIS OPINION. His "logic" is that he still doubts smith and thinks the bucs are the better team, despite the "laid egg" and complete embarrassment against us.

The thing about "power rankings" is what exactly are they supposed to be based on? Fact? What is fact when anything can happen from week to week? If the raiders upset the patriots obviously they don't skyrocket up the rankings just because of that. He sees it that way: an upset, but the bucs will finish with a better record.

Who's to say that he's wrong and you're right? Our opinion as a 49er fanbase obviously is going to make us subjective too. It's not like the bucs have a much worse record than us they're 4-2, all it takes is for us to underestimate a few of these "easy" teams while the bucs won't underestimate anyone after the embarrassment we handed them.

It's not that he has opinions, it's that his opinions are ones only an idiot would have.
how is that guy employed?

I used "degree of objectivity" and chose those words rather than saying purely objective. He holds himself out to be a reporter, whether you think he is or isnt that what he is portraying himself to be and why he cant hold Schefters jock strap.

And its pretty easy to say he's wrong, without even taking fanhood into account... Quality wins, strength of schedule, the teams actually playing head to head, on a pure analytical basis there is no argument for them to be considered above the niners in any ranking. Thats how you back up an opinion, not saying Im still skeptical about Alex, and Freeman is better. Great so what? even if records and stats say his statement is full of sh*t, he is still ignoring 21 other players on the offense and defense that have an effect on the outcome of the game.

So yeah, while his power ranking are his opinion, my opinion is that he is full of sh*t... the difference is there is actually a basis for my opinion.
[ Edited by 5280High on Oct 19, 2011 at 7:28 PM ]
My favorite response of webzone Facebook

Hey Jason
48>3, 5-1>4-2

MINDBLOWING
Share 49ersWebzone