There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Media and the 49ers

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by fister30:
The cards are reminding me of the rams during Kurt Warners break out year. Nobody gave them respect either

Just because people don't give them a chance? Kurt Warner's team was a powerhouse very unlike the Cardinals. I would like to see them play a few more games before shouting out they don't get respect they deserve. Even the wins they do have are somewhat fluky and not very decisive.

Lulz comparing Kolb and that offense to Warner and the greatest show on turf

i think he's comparing the start of Greatest show on turf...they didn't just up a juggernaut

4 weeks in the 99 rams were putting numbers already.
i think he's comparing the start of Greatest show on turf...they didn't just up a juggernaut

In the first four games they outscored their opponents 142 - 47....

The Cardinals are not a team to sleep on, but they are the worst 4-0 I have seen in a long time.
[ Edited by TheRatMan13 on Oct 3, 2012 at 6:05 PM ]
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I guarantee the Cardinals are going to lose this weekend.. I guarantee.

wrong, the cards are going to go 7-0 until they face the 49ers.

Somebody was wrong, but it was not me. Better luck next time on your predictions.
Originally posted by verb1der:
I hope you're right. If they beat the Rams this Thursday the media is going to hype them up even more as the team to take down the 49ers, that's gonna make me sick!
My bad. I knew that. I guarantee they will lose on Thursday night. I guarantee.

if they don't lose, change your name

I will. I agree. My name is sacred, but you remember, I said it. Write it down. PM me.

"The Cardinals are not legit," I say.

Won't change name, lol
49AllTheTime has to lick Nutella out of your a** crack now for tyring to call you out
Originally posted by mella8:
Not even close. he Rams got A LOT of respect that year, especially after week 3 when they blasted us and broke the 20+ game winning streak we had on them.

The Cardinals are just squeezing by this season --- shouldve lost to the Pats (after fumble), shouldve lost to Miami (after INT). Only convincing win against the Eagles.

Not scared at all.

Such a naive point of view. There's no "should've's in the NFL. They won because THEY DESERVED TO WIN!

Anyway, I do give the cardinals respect for the the fact that they're playing well over the past 14 or so games. I think we will take the division but it won't be as easy as last year.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by mella8:
Not even close. he Rams got A LOT of respect that year, especially after week 3 when they blasted us and broke the 20+ game winning streak we had on them.

The Cardinals are just squeezing by this season --- shouldve lost to the Pats (after fumble), shouldve lost to Miami (after INT). Only convincing win against the Eagles.

Not scared at all.

Such a naive point of view. There's no "should've's in the NFL. They won because THEY DESERVED TO WIN!

Anyway, I do give the cardinals respect for the the fact that they're playing well over the past 14 or so games. I think we will take the division but it won't be as easy as last year.

too early to give them the Division ! Wow its 49ers Division to lose !
Bleacher Report Power Rankings, written by Freddie P. Soft himself. And I agree!

Why are the 4-1 San Francisco 49ers ranked ahead of the undefeated Houston Texans and Atlanta Falcons?

Go back to our intro if you must. Power rankings are based on who would win on a neutral field if the two teams met right now. With the way the 49ers are playing, no one would beat them. Jim Harbaugh's team is on a tear after losing to the Minnesota Vikings, ripping off 79 points versus only three allowed in their last two games.

The Texans would be held in check by the 49ers run game. Matt Ryan would be a good matchup, but the 49ers would outscore the Falcons if the game went to a shootout.

Let's all face it: No one is better than the 49ers right now.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1362316-nfl-power-rankings-where-does-every-team-rank-heading-into-week-6/page/33
[ Edited by verb1der on Oct 8, 2012 at 12:08 PM ]
Oh for goodness sakes we cannot be ranked #1 in the power rankings, we're gonna lose now
The 3 pts given up in 2 games is just borderline amazing to me. These 2 teams are hurting in injuries and over all play wise, but to do that against 2 NFL teams... there's got to be something to the good play of our team also.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 8, 2012 at 12:58 PM ]
Bleacher Report Power Rankings, written by Freddie P. Soft himself. And I agree!

Quote:
Why are the 4-1 San Francisco 49ers ranked ahead of the undefeated Houston Texans and Atlanta Falcons?

Go back to our intro if you must. Power rankings are based on who would win on a neutral field if the two teams met right now. With the way the 49ers are playing, no one would beat them. Jim Harbaugh's team is on a tear after losing to the Minnesota Vikings, ripping off 79 points versus only three allowed in their last two games.

The Texans would be held in check by the 49ers run game. Matt Ryan would be a good matchup, but the 49ers would outscore the Falcons if the game went to a shootout.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1362316-nfl-power-rankings-where-does-every-team-rank-heading-into-week-6/page/33

That's the way, oh,
That's the way it ought to be,
Yeah, yeah, mama say
That's the way it ought to stay.

- Led Zeppelin

That's a pretty strong statement right there. Not that I don't agree with it of course.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
The 3 pts given up in 2 games is just borderline amazing to me. These 2 teams are hurting in injuries and over all play wise, but to do that against 2 NFL teams... there's got to be something to the over good play of our team also.

The 2001 49ers team registered shut outs in three games (I dunno how many times that ever happened in the NFL)
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

Quote:

That's the way, oh,
That's the way it ought to be,
Yeah, yeah, mama say
That's the way it ought to stay.

- Led Zeppelin

Originally posted by NinerBuff: