There are 247 users in the forums

Media and the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by obx49:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Do you guys realize, that in the past 13 games, the Cardinals are 11-2? That's sayin' something. 49ers better watch out, because the Cards hit them in the mouth last season!

I hope that doesn't happen this year.

They piled up wins late last year when the schedule got easier. Their last 9 games in 2011 they only played 2 teams with winning records, the 49ers & Bengals (1-2 in those games). Not to mention 4 OT wins last year, and 1 this year. They've been pretty fortunate.

They live on the edge. I give them credit because they're on a hell of a run. I don't think it's possible to maintain it with the way they barely eke out wins.

I'm sorry but that's such a weak argument, this can also be said about the Niners. Save the Jets game we also eked out most of our wins. A win is a win in this talent rich league and we shouldn't take any team for granted and I don't believe Harbaugh and company do either. Arizona is for real, that defense is a smash mouth defense that can rack up sacks if our OL isn't prepared. I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit to see us split and make us a little nervous about winning the division.

We eked out wins against the Packers and Lions?? We dominated both teams. I know what the final box score said, but we thoroughly outplayed both of them.

The Cardinals are being out gained every game. Yes, I know points are more important than yards, but over time it will come back to get them. You cannot win over the long haul if you're being outgained every game.

I won't take the Cards seriously until I see what they do later in the year. They play SF, @GB, @ATL in a 3-game stretch, as well as 4 road games in 5 weeks. If they come out of that unscathed, then they have my respect.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Oct 2, 2012 at 8:55 PM ]
Do you guys realize, that in the past 13 games, the Cardinals are 11-2? That's sayin' something. 49ers better watch out, because the Cards hit them in the mouth last season!

teams they beat
St. Louis Rams (2x)
Philadelphia Eagles (2x)
San Francisco 49ers
Dallas CowboysW 19–13 (OT)
Cleveland BrownsW 20–17
Seattle Seahawks (2x)
Pats
Phins

lost to
Cincinnati Bengals
49ers

not that many quality teams (offensively at least)
Originally posted by ads_2006:

teams they beat
St. Louis Rams (2x)
Philadelphia Eagles (2x)
San Francisco 49ers
Cleveland BrownsW 20–17
Seattle Seahawks (2x)
Pats
Phins

lost to
Cincinnati Bengals
49ers

beating us and the pats garners some respect, but yeah the will come back down to earth
  • obx49
  • Veteran

They piled up wins late last year when the schedule got easier. Their last 9 games in 2011 they only played 2 teams with winning records, the 49ers & Bengals (1-2 in those games). Not to mention 4 OT wins last year, and 1 this year. They've been pretty fortunate.

They live on the edge. I give them credit because they're on a hell of a run. I don't think it's possible to maintain it with the way they barely eke out wins.

I'm sorry but that's such a weak argument, this can also be said about the Niners. Save the Jets game we also eked out most of our wins. A win is a win in this talent rich league and we shouldn't take any team for granted and I don't believe Harbaugh and company do either. Arizona is for real, that defense is a smash mouth defense that can rack up sacks if our OL isn't prepared. I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit to see us split and make us a little nervous about winning the division.

We eked out wins against the Packers and Lions?? We dominated both teams. I know what the final box score said, but we thoroughly outplayed both of them.

The Cardinals are being out gained every game. Yes, I know points are more important than yards, but over time it will come back to get them. You cannot win over the long haul if you're being outgained every game.

I won't take the Cards seriously until I see what they do later in the year. They play SF, @GB, @ATL in a 3-game stretch, as well as 4 road games in 5 weeks. If they come out of that unscathed, then they have my respect.

Ultimately you may be right, but 11-2 in their past 13 games is pretty impressive and if they go 2-1 in that stretch then I would be really nervous.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by ads_2006:

teams they beat
St. Louis Rams (2x)
Philadelphia Eagles (2x)
San Francisco 49ers
Cleveland BrownsW 20–17
Seattle Seahawks (2x)
Pats
Phins

lost to
Cincinnati Bengals
49ers

beating us and the pats garners some respect, but yeah the will come back down to earth

Gotta give them respect. They have been playing well as a team lately. I hope they come back to earth but we can't count on that.
The cards are reminding me of the rams during Kurt Warners break out year. Nobody gave them respect either
Originally posted by fister30:
The cards are reminding me of the rams during Kurt Warners break out year. Nobody gave them respect either

good for them
Ultimately you may be right, but 11-2 in their past 13 games is pretty impressive and if they go 2-1 in that stretch then I would be really nervous.

It's less impressive if you look at how they've actually won. 5-0 in OT games, at least three games won by ridiculous returns by Patrick Peterson, opponents missing FGs or making freak turnovers.

We definitely eked out some wins last year, but much of the time we win by a score or less because we take the lead and grind the ball and their offense down, and our defense holds. They win by a score or less because they're trailing and then get a miracle at the last minute.

What really irks me are the guys who do the power rankings who say "it doesn't matter if the final score is 45-3 or 21-20; there's no style points". Of course a win is a win on the standings, but the entire point of power rankings is to say who the best team is considering all the evidence, not just ranking the teams by win-loss record. Considering the evidence, and the Cardinals are at best a top 12 team, and there's a good chance they fall from that.

Not even close. he Rams got A LOT of respect that year, especially after week 3 when they blasted us and broke the 20+ game winning streak we had on them.

The Cardinals are just squeezing by this season --- shouldve lost to the Pats (after fumble), shouldve lost to Miami (after INT). Only convincing win against the Eagles.

Not scared at all.

Just because people don't give them a chance? Kurt Warner's team was a powerhouse very unlike the Cardinals. I would like to see them play a few more games before shouting out they don't get respect they deserve. Even the wins they do have are somewhat fluky and not very decisive.

• Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BayArea:

Just because people don't give them a chance? Kurt Warner's team was a powerhouse very unlike the Cardinals. I would like to see them play a few more games before shouting out they don't get respect they deserve. Even the wins they do have are somewhat fluky and not very decisive.

Lulz comparing Kolb and that offense to Warner and the greatest show on turf

Couldn't disagree more.

If the idiot Dolphins didn't go into a stupid prevent D towards the end the Cards would have lost, and this discussion wouldn't be occurring. A lot of fluke plays landed the cards at 4-0.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Oct 3, 2012 at 4:39 PM ]
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:

yup...this board is making me feel like I'm taking crazy pills

Yeah seriously.

i think he's comparing the start of Greatest show on turf...they didn't just up a juggernaut
Share 49ersWebzone