There are 199 users in the forums

Media and the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
On behalf of all canadian nfl fans, i apologize for tsn, canadian nfl coverage is a joke, imagen having to live up here :-/
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
CBS has us #1 now.

we were pre-season #11 and #4 after week 1.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/20219276/power-rankings-niners-are-nfls-best-team-texans-look-like-the-most-complete

they are setting themselves up to have the Texans leapfrog us:

49ers: They are an old-fashioned team doing it in a different era of football. Can they sustain it?

Texans (#2): What can't they do? They might be the most complete team in the NFL.

Why are we old fashioned and the Texans arent? lol we're practically the same team... they have a slightly better offense we have a slightly better D, both of teams are very complete. the 2 obvious best teams in the NFL

nah dude they're pass first, we're run first, that's why we're old fashioned.

after 2 games our backup RB almost has almost as many yards as their stating RB

Michael Turner: 28 Att, 74 yards
Kendall Hunter: 14 Att, 64 yards

Texans not the falcons. Alex smith had a way better week than schaub
CBS has us #1 now.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/20219276/power-rankings-niners-are-nfls-best-team-texans-look-like-the-most-complete

49ers: They are an old-fashioned team doing it in a different era of football. Can they sustain it?

Texans (#2): What can't they do? They might be the most complete team in the NFL.

Why are we old fashioned and the Texans arent? lol we're practically the same team... they have a slightly better offense we have a slightly better D, both of teams are very complete. the 2 obvious best teams in the NFL

The Texans are pass first? You obviously have never seen the Texans play. They are a run first team that runs their offense through Arian Foster, not Michael Turner, and Brandon Tate.

I lived in Houston the last five years and have had Schaub on my fantasy teams numerous times and they are HEAVILY run centered.
Even at 2-0, the media still slights the niners. Gotta believe harbaugh will make use of this.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
The Texans are pass first? You obviously have never seen the Texans play. They are a run first team that runs their offense through Arian Foster, not Michael Turner, and Brandon Tate.

I lived in Houston the last five years and have had Schaub on my fantasy teams numerous times and they are HEAVILY run centered.

Whats the run to pass ration for them? the 9ers have to be one of the only teams that runs more than it passes.
  • Bodhi
  • Veteran
49ers #2

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2012/09/rick-gosselins-nfl-rankings-a-texas-team-tops-list-but-the-cowboys-sink-below-panthers.html/
CBS has us #1 now.

ok, i guess i'll addess this now.

i brought up the falcons initially. didn't notice the topic chance to Texans. complete brain fart on my part.
Originally posted by taney71:

Whats the run to pass ration for them? the 9ers have to be one of the only teams that runs more than it passes.

For example, this year so far for the Texans:

Game 1: 31 passes to 35 rushes
Game 2: 35 passes to 48 rushes

For the 49ers

Game 1: 26 passes to 32 rushes
Game 2: 31 passes to 27 rushes
[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Sep 18, 2012 at 6:48 PM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Mike & Mike had us #1 with no one at #2, then other teams from 3-5.

Haha yeah, I saw this. Really like these guys, and it's even better to here them compliment the Niner's like they do. Golic was hesitant about that, but I think it was because he knew the fans would be upset that there were only 4 teams on the power rankings, not that he didn't agree with Greeny.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
**********************AFTER WEEK 2:***********************

Brian Billick FOX #1 (#2 last week)
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings/2012/3
The 49ers have a road win against the Packers and a tough physical win against the Lions under their belts. They are clearly the most complete football team in the NFL and have the roster to win games in a multitude of ways.

Pete Prisco CBS #1 (#4 last week)
They are an old-fashioned team doing it in a different era of football. Can they sustain it?

NFL.com Experts 9 #1s, 4 #2s.
http://fanrankings.nfl.com/results/experts

So, how far do we drop? My bet is both Atlanta and Houston jump over us. Zona is sure to crack the Top Ten, maybe even Top 5.

I see the 49ers dropping to 5th or 6th.

3 straight weeks the #1 team in power rankings loses.....come on down texans YOUR NEXT.
We're probably gonna get knocked down to #4, or even #5 (cause we were dominated in this 'upset').
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billbird2111:
So, how far do we drop? My bet is both Atlanta and Houston jump over us. Zona is sure to crack the Top Ten, maybe even Top 5.

I see the 49ers dropping to 5th or 6th.

I think we drop to 4th or 5th....texans, ATL, Giants, with possilbly NE ahead of us. NE right now looks good to. Playing good against Baltimore and looks like they have a running game and defense to go along with Brady and the offense.

We were exposed today. Showed the 32 teams that we do not have a passing attack and that the weapons we added are for show. I hope I'm wrong though.
out of the top 10 for sure. no way we're a top 10 team after losing to minny
[ Edited by tony2cool4u2k1 on Sep 23, 2012 at 5:55 PM ]
  • Chief
  • Veteran
6th in my rankings

Falcons
Texans
Packers
Giants
Ravens or Pats depending on who wins tonight
49ers
Ravens or Pats depending on loses tonight