There are 160 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Media and the 49ers

Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
They have the falcons ahead of us? They didn't even make the playoffs last year.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/20147234/power-rankings-opening-results-cause-shakeup-but-nothings-permanent

these white people are cray, cray.

lol, yes they did
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
LOL boy did I call it; but f**k 'em, could give a s**t less about this stuff. -If ESPN wasn't bias, 49ers would be #1, and the Ravens would be #2.

Ravens, 49ers... picking right up where they left off after fluke losses in January... on a collision course to face each other again in the 'big one'.

Why not the Ravens 1? They beat us last year and the Ravens offense looked good. Basically the niners and Ravens are the same team. I think the niners are better but the tie breaker for most people will be last year's game until the niners prove otherwise (or the Ravens lose).

Ravens beat the Bengals at home, and although the Bengals D is just as s**tty as Green Bay's, they don't have Green Bay's offense (and didn't have to face GB on the road), put all those little things into account and (for this week) we're the TRUE #1 of the NFL (for now, that is).

What you say doesn't make the niners the number 1 team. Its all debateable and since we lost to the Ravens last year I'm ok with them having the number 1 slot. Who cares really. We play good football this year, win the NFC West, get a first round bye, and then the Superbowl.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
They have the falcons ahead of us? They didn't even make the playoffs last year.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/20147234/power-rankings-opening-results-cause-shakeup-but-nothings-permanent

these white people are cray, cray.

Yes they did.....
Again, I'm not one to take 'power rankings' to heart... but it's pretty neat how 7 years ago (Alex's rookie year) we couldn't even crack #25... and today we're one of the top 2 teams in the NFL.
11th last week and 4th this week makes no sense. Do these guys watch football?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Stop caring once some assface put 10 other teams ahead of us last week
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Stop caring once some assface put 10 other teams ahead of us last week

Whats going to be really funny at the end of the year..is how they are all going to write about how they been saying all year how they knew the 9ers were this good
The Media is really annoying me. Sure everyone is giving us lip service, but what about air time? All I hear about are the Brocos, Skins, Bmore, and a few other East Coast teams. Shoot, I hear more about the Packers than the Niners. We did something nobody, not even Niner fans thought we could do. I dont mean win, I mean dominant the Packers. Where is the love and the film break down?
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
The Media is really annoying me. Sure everyone is giving us lip service, but what about air time? All I hear about are the Brocos, Skins, Bmore, and a few other East Coast teams. Shoot, I hear more about the Packers than the Niners. We did something nobody, not even Niner fans thought we could do. I dont mean win, I mean dominant the Packers. Where is the love and the film break down?

I thought you would be used to this by now.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

I thought you would be used to this by now.

As much as parent gets use to their child getting bullied....
I just don't think our storyline is that interesting compared to some other teams. We look exactly like our team last year just better. If randy gets some more run though that will get national love. Also if our d continues what it did against gb for a extended period and Alex continues to improve those story lines could catch on as well.
Originally posted by natrone06:
I just don't think our storyline is that interesting compared to some other teams. We look exactly like our team last year just better. If randy gets some more run though that will get national love. Also if our d continues what it did against gb for a extended period and Alex continues to improve those story lines could catch on as well.

Who cares about the story...its the damn football on the field. We are a very good and potentially great team. Why wouldn't people be interested in that?
Originally posted by natrone06:

Who cares about the story...its the damn football on the field. We are a very good and potentially great team. Why wouldn't people be interested in that?

Because 32 teams play and most fans don't give a s**t about 31 of them.

The people who produce sports segments looking for ratings. The same people that reported from jets camp every single day.
We play good football this year, win the NFC West, get a first round bye, and then the Superbowl.