There are 52 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Media and the 49ers

Couple of reasons for media hate:

1. Niners dominated for so many years. Media members get jealous.
2. Harbaugh is universally dispised (well outside of SF atleast). When I mean dispised I mean DISPISED. People don't want to give him any credit and frankly hope he burns in hell.
3. East coast bias. This will never go away.
4. Teams with a defensive strength are deemed boring.
5. Alex Smith is a popular fall guy.
i heart jim
I heart you
Lol, and after week 1 when the niners stomp the buttpackers it will all be about how GB has regressed and not that the niners are legit.
All you people enjoying "flying under the radar" Obviously forgot or never knew how it feels to be "above the radar" and teams "fearing" seeing your team on the schedule.
i heart jim
Teams that dramatically do better in one season tend to move back to their mean performance level...

Unless inept (or unstable) coaching was suppressing the teams average performance. In one breath everyone says that Mike Singletary was a terrible coach and not ready (national media), but then shocked to see the 49ers have a good season with much better coaching top to bottom. The team may regress, but not that much given the coaching staff. The difference between the 49ers and let's say the Falcons was that no one thinks they have an inept coaching staff. Their fall back to earth is with THE SAME staff that was there during their rise. I see apples and oranges here.
I'd rather be hated for being good, than laughed at for being sh*tty.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
I'd rather be hated for being good, than laughed at for being sh*tty.

Merrill Hodge picked the Niners to go to the SuperBowl
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Teams that dramatically do better in one season tend to move back to their mean performance level...

Unless inept (or unstable) coaching was suppressing the teams average performance. In one breath everyone says that Mike Singletary was a terrible coach and not ready (national media), but then shocked to see the 49ers have a good season with much better coaching top to bottom. The team may regress, but not that much given the coaching staff. The difference between the 49ers and let's say the Falcons was that no one thinks they have an inept coaching staff. Their fall back to earth is with THE SAME staff that was there during their rise. I see apples and oranges here.
let em talk, they were still wondering if we were foreal when we were at 12 wins last year lol. f**k the media
Originally posted by Chief:
i heart jim

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Merrill Hodge picked the Niners to go to the SuperBowl

really. we even kicked his steelers last year. i do think he is some of the better ones they have at espn, at least he does not run around trying to make it all about him
I wouldn't be surprised if Harbaugh made some sort of deal with the media to keep us under the radar.