LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Media and the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If you think they hate the niners now, wait until we have been regularly taking their goodies. Then, the hatred will turn to fear.

I remember opposing teams doing dumb stuff in the last minutes of a game because they knew Walsh and Montana were coming, and there was nothing they could do to stop them.

We will see those days again. Those days are now.
and when was the last time the media has been right about ANYTHING?
Goes back to the way the team played last year on offense. Like it or not the media would rather talk about good offensive production. All the fans want to see good offensive football too, including myself. So they ain't buying into us being on top again this year with that in mind. Maybe good for 13-3 record but not good enough to be talked about extensively on media shows.

Unless we can do better offensively this year.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by susweel:
most of the "hate" is because nobody really respects our QB and think he is average. Teams that have super star QBs usually get all the love.
so,, are you worried or concerned that the media does not like us?

No I like the uderdog role the media gives us. I also think JH prefers it that way.
Originally posted by cciowa:
most of the "hate" is because nobody really respects our QB and think he is average. Teams that have super star QBs usually get all the love.
so,, are you worried or concerned that the media does not like us?

No I like the uderdog role the media gives us. I also think JH prefers it that way.

media and fans might not give us chance..but i doubt other coaches will
Couple of reasons for media hate:

1. Niners dominated for so many years. Media members get jealous.
2. Harbaugh is universally dispised (well outside of SF atleast). When I mean dispised I mean DISPISED. People don't want to give him any credit and frankly hope he burns in hell.
3. East coast bias. This will never go away.
4. Teams with a defensive strength are deemed boring.
5. Alex Smith is a popular fall guy.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
i heart jim
I heart you
Lol, and after week 1 when the niners stomp the buttpackers it will all be about how GB has regressed and not that the niners are legit.
All you people enjoying "flying under the radar" Obviously forgot or never knew how it feels to be "above the radar" and teams "fearing" seeing your team on the schedule.

• Chief
  • Veteran
i heart jim
I'd rather be hated for being good, than laughed at for being sh*tty.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
I'd rather be hated for being good, than laughed at for being sh*tty.

Merrill Hodge picked the Niners to go to the SuperBowl
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Teams that dramatically do better in one season tend to move back to their mean performance level...

Unless inept (or unstable) coaching was suppressing the teams average performance. In one breath everyone says that Mike Singletary was a terrible coach and not ready (national media), but then shocked to see the 49ers have a good season with much better coaching top to bottom. The team may regress, but not that much given the coaching staff. The difference between the 49ers and let's say the Falcons was that no one thinks they have an inept coaching staff. Their fall back to earth is with THE SAME staff that was there during their rise. I see apples and oranges here.
Share 49ersWebzone