LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 288 users in the forums

Media and the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Hawks 2012 reminds me of 49ers 2010......................................

bad memories
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by cciowa:
the media loves to build you up and they love to tear you down, unless you are the packers and the patriots of course

Bayless this morning said the Pats will go 18-1 and win the SB. He listed Joseph Addai as one of the weapons on the team to put them over the top. Several hours later the Pats released Addai.

LOL
f**k what they say. If these motherf**kers need us to prove to the world once AGAIN that we are for real, thats fine by me.

I know our boys are ready and will be looking to be even better than last year.
we're 8-3 against those teams listed, and some how we're a third tier team
Good, let them all talk s**t, it's what this team gets done on the field is the only thing that matters and should matter to any one of us
The media may underestimate niners, but do you think JH and the team cares-hell no. However, you can be sure other players and other teams won't be underestimating the niners. They may trash talk, but thats normal.

This is like the draft, interesting to read. In the final analysis, the media does not see and know what any football team sees/knows or trying to do and gets brewhaha when the team doesn't do what they said they should do. Just like fans all over the league. So why have a fit? I see it as just amusing and entertainment.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Lost all credibility when Rosenthal wrote the Chiefs will have a better chance of reaching the SB than the 49ers.

I mean how can you even say that with a straight face?

Maybe because they feel the path in the NFC is tougher than the AFC
Harbaugh is gonna eat this up. Diabolical!
Originally posted by BayArea:
What will they say if the 49ers win the superbowl?

WHEN we win the Super Bowl
Meh the hate doesn't bother me because until you do it year in and year out you're always going to have doubters.

I'm just not understanding the Seattle and Arizona picks to win the NFC West though and as it flies in the face of common sense.

Matt Flynn is shaping up to be Kolb 2.0 and I've seen nothing but red flags on the guy thus far. Philbin wasn't exactly pounding on the table to get him in Miami and Seattle is still running a 3 man QB competition into training camp. Doesn't sound like the next Aaron Rodgers do me.

Arizona has a 2 turd race at QB and whatever turd wins it is going to wind up on a stretcher since he's playing behind one of the worst offensive lines in the league

We feed of off that s**t, give us more!
glad to hear because Harbaugh loves it that way! time to punish teams again this year as well as piss off the media for their terrible prediction. WOOOOO!!!! (rick flair voice)
Originally posted by Jikkle49:
Meh the hate doesn't bother me because until you do it year in and year out you're always going to have doubters.

I'm just not understanding the Seattle and Arizona picks to win the NFC West though and as it flies in the face of common sense.

Matt Flynn is shaping up to be Kolb 2.0 and I've seen nothing but red flags on the guy thus far. Philbin wasn't exactly pounding on the table to get him in Miami and Seattle is still running a 3 man QB competition into training camp. Doesn't sound like the next Aaron Rodgers do me.

Arizona has a 2 turd race at QB and whatever turd wins it is going to wind up on a stretcher since he's playing behind one of the worst offensive lines in the league

The cards gave adam snyder a bunch of cash, problem solved...........
I love the media hate, niners dont need fake bandwagon media love
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Linky

The point: There's almost no way the team will approach its 13-3 record from last season.

In covering this ground previously, I noted that the 13 teams finishing with 13-3 records from 2004 through 2010 had won 8.3 games on average the following season. Three finished better than 9-7. Over the same period, the 19 teams finishing 13-3 or better all finished with lesser records the next year. The average drop was 4.1 victories per team.

Schatz's reasoning for projecting a drop takes into account historical data.

"Teams that improve dramatically from one season to the next do tend to settle to previous levels in the third year," he said. "That is exacerbated for the 49ers by having the quality of their team wrapped up in defense and special teams. Offense tends to be most consistent from year to year. Special teams is the least consistent of the units. Defense is second. The 49ers' defense and special teams are likely to come back to the pack."

Schatz also thinks the 49ers were unusually healthy on defense last season, and that they'll most likely be less healthy in 2012. The 49ers current and former leadership put together their roster, particularly the defense, with size in mind. Former general manager Scot McCloughan, borrowing from Ron Wolf, believed bigger players held up better over the course of a season. The thinking intrigued Schatz, whose company tracks injury information. By combining injury information with data for size, might we have an easier time predicting injuries for certain players and teams?

"It's an interesting theory," Schatz said. "There are teams that no doubt have a record of better health. The 49ers do not quite count as one of those teams. They have been healthy on defense three of the last four years. Dallas is a team that tends to suffer fewer injuries. Kansas City was a team. Cleveland tends to suffer more. New England has suffered more than average and gotten away with it."
Share 49ersWebzone