There are 132 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Media and the 49ers

I actually enjoy Lowell Cohn's articles. He's a fresh voice, IMO.

Grant Cohn, however, is terrible.
Originally posted by Leathaface:

Lowell's voice is annoying as hell.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Leathaface:

Lowell's voice is annoying as hell.

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Originally posted by GEEK:
http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2012/04/inside-the-49ers/trent-baalkes-draft-gpa/

This sums it up. He's a talentless blog poster that takes the Skip Bayless route instead of the Matt Maiocco/Matt Barrows route - legit journalism and beat writing with well connected sources.

Sums up my opinion of the matter. I thought the webzone had removed pressdemocrat links for awhile. Either way I completely avoid them.

He used the team media guide as a source for Trent Baalke's responsibilities in that article. Wtf
Originally posted by NFLOfficialsrule:
49ers got out coached out played and lost the game.....point blank ravens were the far better team 9ers have holes....Qb is a gimmick who will pull a cam newton next year

this is from right after the Super Bowl...was a Ravens fan I suspect... LOL at the bolded
Thoughts?

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/2167/midseason-report-san-francisco-49ers
I actually think those grades are pretty damn fair.
Very fair and reasonable takes.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

This
He says the December 8th game will decide the Division? Still a month to go. That's if neither team slips up between then.
They're not really "ESPN" grades so much as they are Bill Williamson's grades, who is our dedicated 49ers blog writer (all 32 teams have their own writer on the team ESPN blogs). If you keep up with the blog, you'll see he's generally a little biased / optimistic with his slants. Like, for example.... Kaepernik a B+? I think that's a bit generous.
Bill Williamson is the biggest homer
Originally posted by theduke85:
They're not really "ESPN" grades so much as they are Bill Williamson's grades, who is our dedicated 49ers blog writer (all 32 teams have their own writer on the team ESPN blogs). If you keep up with the blog, you'll see he's generally a little biased / optimistic with his slants. Like, for example.... Kaepernik a B+? I think that's a bit generous.

Generous? Kaepernick should get in A. He's been throwing over 60% completion and getting a massive amount of yards per attempt. On top of that he is been doing damage with his legs. He managed to score against the Jags four touchdowns on the four first drives. How can you not give him an A?
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

This

Agreed.
Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper:
Originally posted by theduke85:

Generous? Kaepernick should get in A. He's been throwing over 60% completion and getting a massive amount of yards per attempt. On top of that he is been doing damage with his legs. He managed to score against the Jags four touchdowns on the four first drives. How can you not give him an A?

Lol on the Jags. What has he done against good defenses?
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home