There are 209 users in the forums

Media and the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Just as importantly, it's the AMOUNT of times that Wilson throws outside of the pocket. He is constantly running around out there; the little devil.

This too. In every game I saw, he was running around a la Fran Tarkenton. He's a pest.

"The pest of the west."
[ Edited by SofaKing on Mar 19, 2013 at 4:15 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Just as importantly, it's the AMOUNT of times that Wilson throws outside of the pocket. He is constantly running around out there; the little devil.

This too. In every game I saw, he was running around a la Fran Tarkenton. He's a pest.

"The pest of the west."

Lol bet both our games with them will be in primetime this year
Originally posted by KegBert:
Don't Curr. Championships are won in January not March.

February
Originally posted by English:
Hawker, I can't imagine all that many guys from here rushed to check out the "Catching up with Russell Wilson" blog. Don't be too disappointed.

I know I didn't. I think he forgot what forum he is in.
There is one?
The thing about Wilson is he is weak in the pocket because he is short.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

I am anxious to see him try to find Harvin in the pocket when that dude is hard to see when your 6'2". One little guy throwing to another just sounds like it is bound to not work.

Even though I have no doubt the 49ers will continue to prove they're the better team, that's just silly. Russell Wilson is far from weak in the pocket. That guy is legit.
Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper:

Even though I have no doubt the 49ers will continue to prove they're the better team, that's just silly. Russell Wilson is far from weak in the pocket. That guy is legit.

I agree that he's legit. Russell Wilson knows how to play the game and he's good at everything he does. But, on the other hand, there is a reason why so few players who are under 6 feet tall enjoy sustained success in the NFL. Only two players since 1950 who are Wilson's height or shorter have had any success at all. And the only players at 6 feet (2 inches taller than Russell) in the last 40 years who have had success are Brees, Thiesman and Tarkenton. I think it has something to do with NFL defenses studying film, learning their moves, and figuring out not only how to contain them in the pocket, but get in their faces and hit holes in pocket protection to knock them around. The shorter QB's almost always end up throwing more interceptions as well because safeties learn to hide behind linemen so their out of the line of site and trick them into throwing passes that have a better chance of being intercepted. Drew Brees had 19 interceptions last season.

So, while I know the Seahawks fans are tired of me pointing these things out, all I can say is I'm waiting for a season or two before I believe Russell Wilson can continue to perform like he did in the second half of last season.

What is it with with whiny NFL fans crying because espn thinks the Seahawks are number 1 and NFL.com thinks the 9ers are number 1? Who gives a f*ck? I expect it from Seahawk fans because we have never won a superbowl and are desperate (I call it as I see it) for respect but it shouldn't be an issue with niner fans. The only way it pisses you off is if it rings true. If posters on here are so convinced that the Niner's are better than we shall see when they play each other. You guys are ranked 2nd so its not like you are being disrespected. They feel the Seahawks had a better offseason in free agency and that their talent is slightly greater. The draft is coming up and the Niners will have a great opportunity to address needs but s**t that doesn't mean they are disrespecting you. Nobody would be surprised on either side if the Niners or Seahawks swept one another this year and to suggest otherwise means you are lying. The only thing that matters is the Lombardi trophy and they can put the Hawks at 32 if we take it home.
[ Edited by seahawk12thman on Mar 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM ]
Originally posted by BayArea:
I am anxious to see him try to find Harvin in the pocket when that dude is hard to see when your 6'2". One little guy throwing to another just sounds like it is bound to not work.

well , he's actually bigger than golden tate and doug baldwin.. seemed to find those guys just fine.....
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I agree that he's legit. Russell Wilson knows how to play the game and he's good at everything he does. But, on the other hand, there is a reason why so few players who are under 6 feet tall enjoy sustained success in the NFL. Only two players since 1950 who are Wilson's height or shorter have had any success at all. And the only players at 6 feet (2 inches taller than Russell) in the last 40 years who have had success are Brees, Thiesman and Tarkenton. I think it has something to do with NFL defenses studying film, learning their moves, and figuring out not only how to contain them in the pocket, but get in their faces and hit holes in pocket protection to knock them around. The shorter QB's almost always end up throwing more interceptions as well because safeties learn to hide behind linemen so their out of the line of site and trick them into throwing passes that have a better chance of being intercepted. Drew Brees had 19 interceptions last season.

So, while I know the Seahawks fans are tired of me pointing these things out, all I can say is I'm waiting for a season or two before I believe Russell Wilson can continue to perform like he did in the second half of last season.

well first of all he's not 5'10" he's just a shade under 5'11" . so they're not 2 inches taller.. but either way so by your own admission from your post, it has been done before, which leads one to believe it can be done again.. what intangibles does brees, tarkington, theisman, flutie have that RW doesn't other than that 1 1/4 inches? (excluding flutie)
[ Edited by hawker84 on Mar 20, 2013 at 12:54 PM ]
Originally posted by GNielsen:

Share 49ersWebzone