There are 167 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The, It's time to eat some crow thread.

I said we would be 5-1 and this point, with our only loss being against Dallas.

I did create a post for this but forgot to hit the submit button.
Back on topic:

I didn't post my prediction; however, I will admit that I bought into the media hype that we would be one of the worst teams due to the short offseason.

I was looking for my prediction in the 6-10 column. I thought I was being optimistic with that!

I will not be eating crow for Alex Smith or Frank Gore. I have been a supporter of both; however, I NEVER EVER predicted that Alex would be playing as well as he is right now. I thought with the same coach/system for 3 years, Alex would be a good QB.

I think Alex is playing like a good QB right now. I would love to see him play like a GREAT QB!

Who's got it better than us? NOBODY!!!!
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by KDTMDSFC:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
P.S. "Be patient, we have a plan". The great plan revealed was the loss of Franklin, Lawson, Baas, Clements, Spikes, and the acquisition of Carlos Rogers, Braylon Edwards, Donte Whitner, Madieu Williams, Jonathan Goodwin, Now, that, my friends, is greatness.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Aug 12, 2011 at 08:13:54 ]

Well, he was right. Amazing call.

You know what sucks? If Maddog really loved this team, he would man up and eat crow so he can enjoy this victorious moment. Instead, he would rather celebrate alone (if at all), rather than admit his mistakes. I always thought he was very knowledgable even if I didn't always agree, but I'm losing a lot of respect for him with every game that passes. I understand some of you want to rub it in his face, personally I dont agree with that. However, I just want him to admit he was wrong and join the party. Its the only logical thing to do.

Good luck with that. Been a member of this site since 2006 and I have NEVER seen the angry one admit he's wrong. NOT ONCE.

That's only 5 years. He probably hasn't been wrong in the last 5 years!

Riiiiiiiggggggghhhhhhhhttttttttt......

Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Back on topic:

I didn't post my prediction; however, I will admit that I bought into the media hype that we would be one of the worst teams due to the short offseason.

I was looking for my prediction in the 6-10 column. I thought I was being optimistic with that!

I will not be eating crow for Alex Smith or Frank Gore. I have been a supporter of both; however, I NEVER EVER predicted that Alex would be playing as well as he is right now. I thought with the same coach/system for 3 years, Alex would be a good QB.

I think Alex is playing like a good QB right now. I would love to see him play like a GREAT QB!

Who's got it better than us? NOBODY!!!!

Full on 49ers fever right now. It feels great to be winning again! So long we've waited. I've gone on several trips on a tight budget to go across the country to SF for home games over the past 9 years, spent money on merchandise, dedicated every Sunday to this team, and the way this season has began... it makes it ALL worth it.

-49ers Faithful since '92
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
I said we would be 5-1 and this point, with our only loss being against Dallas.

I did create a post for this but forgot to hit the submit button.

Then it never happened.
P.S. "Be patient, we have a plan". The great plan revealed was the loss of Franklin, Lawson, Baas, Clements, Spikes, and the acquisition of Carlos Rogers, Braylon Edwards, Donte Whitner, Madieu Williams, Jonathan Goodwin, Now, that, my friends, is greatness.

You know what sucks? If Maddog really loved this team, he would man up and eat crow so he can enjoy this victorious moment. Instead, he would rather celebrate alone (if at all), rather than admit his mistakes. I always thought he was very knowledgable even if I didn't always agree, but I'm losing a lot of respect for him with every game that passes. I understand some of you want to rub it in his face, personally I dont agree with that. However, I just want him to admit he was wrong and join the party. Its the only logical thing to do.

Good luck with that. Been a member of this site since 2006 and I have NEVER seen the angry one admit he's wrong. NOT ONCE.

The thing that's strange to me is we're all Niners fans, but he's the only guy out of the pessimistic fans earlier this year that I felt would rather be right then have the Niners win. That's not to say I question whether or not he's happy that the Niners are winning, I think he is, but I think he's the type of guy who'd rather be right than anything. C'mon man, eat your crow and enjoy this team with the rest of us. Everybody else has happily admitted to being wrong.
I like it when negative nancys eat crow. It makes me happy.

I haven't seen him around in ages. Don't tell me that he's deliberately staying away because he was wrong. That sucks. He should be here to enjoy the resurgence of this team.

This is all fun and games man -- nothing more. Fun and games. A nice little diversion.
Getting full from all this crow I've been eating.
Excuse me, May I have another plate please......
Nothing like crow for dinner I'm gladly eating it in This case
No crow for me. Been sticking up for this team through the grim and gritty. Was even hanging on to Nowin's and Sing's balls until the last second when I could hang on no longer. I was in no danger of falling off of Alex's balls though as he reached down and lent me a hand to firm ground. He had no where to go but up once he committed to Harbaugh and co.

I'm always going to pick em to win the west. Let's not all get crazy and let down though if something drastic happens like a major injury or we get bounced in the 1st round :P
Originally posted by valrod33:
I think i picked 9-7 then changed it to 10-6 either way it looks like im gonna be wrong too

i did the same 9-7 to 10-6....

I think its also time for the people to eat crow on saying that the rams are good and will win the division (actually arguing FOR THE RAMS on offense and defense). They have A single pass rusher, a decent lb although they are LAST against the run and thats about it. Even before their cbs got injured their pass d sucked, and their offense has never been that good anyway. Bradford is still NOT a good qb (what 33rd rated qb hahahahahah) Alex is still the best qb in the division. Bradford MAY be better years down the line but now definitely not. i even said the rams would be at least 1 to 2 games back of the niners along with the seahawks and ariz. Its good to be right
Best thread EVAR. Enjoy that s**t, we are back on top!
NFC West Champs!!!