There are 202 users in the forums

Akers appreciation thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I have no confidence in this guy. We should have gone for the TD on our posession. That stupid run to the left got stuffed for a lost of 3 and then Harbaugh just made up his mind to settle for the FG. That kick was ugly. Had no chance the second it left his foot.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Janitor:
11/16 so far this season

we are in trouble if this guy don't get it together, field goals are so crucial in the post-season. I would hate to lose in the playoffs by a missed field goal, those are super heartbreaking.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i may in the minority but i am ok with him,, s**t happens and yes the kick would have won the game but i think that is just a coverup for the real problems on this team.
Sure Akers let us down and I also thought outloud " I HAVE NO FAITH IN HIM ANYMORE " but then I calmed down and realized that David has been so good for the 49ers that I just exspect him to make them all. He should have made the 41 yarder FTW but he didnt .So lets move on and think about just how good he is and how many games he has won for our 49ers.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
Sure Akers let us down and I also thought outloud " I HAVE NO FAITH IN HIM ANYMORE " but then I calmed down and realized that David has been so good for the 49ers that I just exspect him to make them all. He should have made the 41 yarder FTW but he didnt .So lets move on and think about just how good he is and how many games he has won for our 49ers.
yes this is the truth
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:

thats the past

the fact is this year he has been sucking.
He's missed 5 FGs this season.

Not too appreciative of him right now.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch Working on blog on #49ers David Akers. Shocking stat: He ranks 30th in NFL in FG percentage (71.4).

I have no confidence in him any more.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by susweel:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch Working on blog on #49ers David Akers. Shocking stat: He ranks 30th in NFL in FG percentage (71.4).

I have no confidence in him any more.
well i like him still but this one gives me some pause
Dude went one of the best to shaken like beeeeech. Wtf? He's doing his best last season in philly impersonation. I hope he can get his confidence back.

Id appreciate a new kicker at this point
Akers is and has been a middle of the league kicker since he's been us.

We deserve better IMO.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Akers is and has been a middle of the league kicker since he's been us.

We deserve better IMO.

He is now worst in the league...good job
cut him tbqh
Yay! he's great whoa! Yea baby love me some David Akers...any one see the phone number for that kid with funny name we had in camp this off season....no reason, just thought we could hang, have a beer....chase so chicks....err, shag fer kicks....and what not...so well yeah...woooo Akers!
Share 49ersWebzone