LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Akers appreciation thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Q; What do David Akers and tele-avangilist have in common?

A; On any sunday they can get a million people out of their chairs screaming "Jesus Christ"
Akers Not Slumping ?

The 49ers are scoring touchdowns on 61.5 percent of red zone possessions. That is up from 40.7 percent last season, when Akers set an NFL record with 44 made field goals, 32 of them from inside 40 yards. Akers has attempted only eight field goals from inside 40 this season. He has made all eight. Akers made 32 of 33 such attempts last season. Those are borderline gimme kicks in the NFL. Attempting lots of them will drive up any kicker's percentage for the season. Removing them from the equation will drive down any kicker's percentage. Of course, missing from 41 yards in overtime was bad Sunday. But it's misleading to say Akers is mired in a horrible slump. Akers has made 6 of 10 attempts from 40-49 yards this season. He was 6-of-11 last season. His percentage has actually improved from that range, although it was higher earlier in his career.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/81370/around-the-nfc-west-akers-not-slumping
I don't appreciate him missing chances to win the game
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Akers Not Slumping ?

The 49ers are scoring touchdowns on 61.5 percent of red zone possessions. That is up from 40.7 percent last season, when Akers set an NFL record with 44 made field goals, 32 of them from inside 40 yards. Akers has attempted only eight field goals from inside 40 this season. He has made all eight. Akers made 32 of 33 such attempts last season. Those are borderline gimme kicks in the NFL. Attempting lots of them will drive up any kicker's percentage for the season. Removing them from the equation will drive down any kicker's percentage. Of course, missing from 41 yards in overtime was bad Sunday. But it's misleading to say Akers is mired in a horrible slump. Akers has made 6 of 10 attempts from 40-49 yards this season. He was 6-of-11 last season. His percentage has actually improved from that range, although it was higher earlier in his career.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/81370/around-the-nfc-west-akers-not-slumping

Hmm...still..he should have made that kick. We should be 7 - 2 right now, not 6 - 2 - 1.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Hmm...still..he should have made that kick. We should be 7 - 2 right now, not 6 - 2 - 1.

I know..I know...
lol at blaming a kicker for a loss.

We had a 21-17 lead and our defense allowed a long go ahead drive.

Our defense will be fine tho, coming off a by can be difficult
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
lol at blaming a kicker for a loss.

We had a 21-17 lead and our defense allowed a long go ahead drive.

Our defense will be fine tho, coming off a by can be difficult
i lay the blame at the feet of the defense more than i do the field goal kicker for this reason the poster just said... our motto is ,, we can not be beat in the fourth quarter when we have the lead due to our defense. well sunday blew that theory out of the water
Just watched that fake punt with about a minute left in the 2nd. WTF were we doing sending in Culliver on a punt block and leaving the gunner uncovered?

As it happens... it didn't cost us a thing on the scoreboard, at least. (except maybe some offensive points if we were to chuck a few just to try )
Do not appreciate, he's been shaky since the 63.
Ya all season
[ Edited by Allx9er on Nov 13, 2012 at 2:03 PM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
meanwhile, Andy Lee quietly beasting.

Akers may be our biggest weakness. I'm actually very nervous when he comes up to kick field goals now. Amazing what 1 year will do. I wonder how much confidence Harbaugh has in him.
Man!!! how quickly people want to get rid of the guy MOST OF YOU picked as one of the GREATEST Kickers in 49ers history..........watch he kicks the game winning field goal in the Super Bowl..........then the haters will deny they ever tried to give him the ax
I don't wanna get rid of Akers. I would rather he get these misses out of the way now instead of in the playoffs when it could cost us much more.
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows Looks like the 49ers are trying out some kickers today. ... Also new practice squander Chad Hall is in the building.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows Looks like the 49ers are trying out some kickers today. ... Also new practice squander Chad Hall is in the building.

This team does not mess around. I like that.
Share 49ersWebzone