There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Define: "Type of QB who puts an offense on his back"

Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Rude, inaccurate and vulgar posts seem unnecessary.

All good, some people just can't live without being negative and rude. It's funny how he got caught slippin on some BS and tried to justify it by what he said. But hey whatever floats his boat. I just know now not to even bother with childish behavior.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Rude, inaccurate and vulgar posts seem unnecessary.

Yep. Dude should be banned just for talking about such foul acts.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
because won games when Gore was averaging 2 yards a carry. Why was that?

I'm not saying Alex is the #1 reason we've won games. But he's a big part, for lots of reasons.

dude, just accept that your hate for the guy is blinding you to reality. It's obvious to everyone but you.

Alex threw for 125 yards today (nearly 80 were in the first half) and finished with a qb rating of 60. He clearly sucked cock today but again the defense was strong and so was the running game (203 yards rushing). The Niners won today despite Alex.
Alex Smith!
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Alex threw for 125 yards today (nearly 80 were in the first half) and finished with a qb rating of 60. He clearly sucked cock today but again the defense was strong and so was the running game (203 yards rushing). The Niners won today despite Alex.

His throw on the money to Walker for a TD (not counting the one Walker dropped) didn't contribute to the win?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I'm not saying Alex is the #1 reason we've won games. But he's a big part, for lots of reasons.

dude, just accept that your hate for the guy is blinding you to reality. It's obvious to everyone but you.

Well I wouldn't say that, but he did score when it mattered.

Yup his fault that walker and crabtree dropped td passes. He had a rough game but he was clutch when it counted.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

His throw on the money to Walker for a TD (not counting the one Walker dropped) didn't contribute to the win?

Obviously his touchdown pass to win the game "contributed to the win." Doesnt mean he won the game for us. He didnt.
The kind that throws a touchdown on 4th and goal in a crucial situation to tak the lead and put your team in position to win.
[ Edited by hklar17 on Oct 16, 2011 at 6:06 PM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Well I wouldn't say that, but he did score when it mattered.

*without Edwards and Morgan

I guess he didn't throw a perfect pass on 4th and goal on the road against an undefeated team with under two minutes to play for the go ahead touchdown.

He did not have a good game today, but nothing he did invalidates what I said earlier.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

Obviously his touchdown pass to win the game "contributed to the win." Doesnt mean he won the game for us. He didnt.

No he didn't. And it isn't 100% his fault. He definitely had some bad plays and he had some good plays receivers didn't hold up their end, but he was clutch when he needed to be. I would grade him a c+.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

Who said that? You said the team one despite him... that implies he did nothing to help the team win. Do you know what you're writing?
Originally posted by Jakemall:
No he didn't. And it isn't 100% his fault. He definitely had some bad plays and he had some good plays receivers didn't hold up their end, but he was clutch when he needed to be. I would grade him a c+.

Yea, a C+ is fair. Maybe even a B-. The high passes to Crabtree are something I understand less and less.
Before anyone says "Oh, yeah, what about the winning td pass"..

Let's examine the game winning touchdown drive.

It started on the Lions 35 yard line (Thanks to a 40 yard punt return by Ginn).

1st down: Hunter rushes for 9 yards

2nd and 1: Gore rushes for one yard

1st and 10: Hunter rushes for 9 yards to the Lions 16 yard line

2nd and 1: Gore rushes for 9 yards down to the Lions 7 yard line.

1st and goal at the 7 yard line: Gore is tackled for a 3 yard loss.

2nd and goal at the Lions 10: Alex throws a short pass to Crabs for a four yard gain.

3rd and goal at the Lions 6 yard line: Alex zeroes in on Walker right at the snap and ignores Crabtree who was open in the endzone. Smith throws a three yard pass to Walker (he caught the ball on the 3 yard line) who was very close to being stopped short of the goal line but was able to power his way trhough a few lions defenders just enough to cross the goal line before his knee was down (it was close enough to warrant a long review- yes all tds are reviewed but some take longer then others. It was very close).

The td ruling was upheld and as we all know the Niners held on for the win.

I can't believe the defense didn't get tired and give up some late scores. Defense and Gore deserve game balls AGAIN!