LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

Willis and Bowman

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Thats what the lions fans at the sports bar were saying, they kept telling me how stout the 9er defense was and the LB'ers are the best in the league.
now i think about it i got his autograph last year at fam day actually twice 2 footballs
It's an exciting time as some of our front 7 are "emerging" players. If this team turns legit for a period of several years (and, gasp, if we can win a SB) this has the makings of one of those legendary/historic LB groups.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
It's an exciting time as some of our front 7 are "emerging" players. If this team turns legit for a period of several years (and, gasp, if we can win a SB) this has the makings of one of those legendary/historic LB groups.

I'm pretty sure our franchise has become stable again and we can begin to expect consistency. I can only dream about HoF tandems this early in the game.

Fangio has experience with legendary 3-4 LB corps. He was the position coach for the famous (infamous to Niner fans) New Orleans Saints "Dome Patrol" LB corps of Pat Swilling, Ricky Jackson, Vaughn Johnson and Sam Mills. They were frigging awesome!!
beast
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Fangio has experience with legendary 3-4 LB corps. He was the position coach for the famous (infamous to Niner fans) New Orleans Saints "Dome Patrol" LB corps of Pat Swilling, Ricky Jackson, Vaughn Johnson and Sam Mills. They were frigging awesome!!

also the carolina crew that had sam mills kevin greene and lamar lathon
Absolutely. They are awesome. The whole LB corps is Awesome. This team is really coming together. Just got to stay focused and stay hungry. Not time for a midseason breakdown.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Herm Edwards just called Bowman, "Navarious Bowman"
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Herm Edwards just called Bowman, "Navarious Bowman"

I heard Darryl Johnston call him Navaro Brown.

Could this be the first time we see a tandem linebackers in the probowl? that is if unless for some reason our players have to opt out of the probowl :) just sayin.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
Could this be the first time we see a tandem linebackers in the probowl? that is if unless for some reason our players have to opt out of the probowl :) just sayin.

still early, but I think it'll happen.
The emergence of Bowman has been huge for us. It gives us the ability to drop Willis in coverage while Bowman maintains cleanup duty. It is going to be a thing of beauty watching these two work together. Amazing athletes. Bowman was running step for step with Jahvid Best. Having studly DL in front of them doesn't hurt though.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:

Ken Norton and Lee Woodall made it one year.
  • BROWN
  • Veteran
The only guys that come close to Willis and Bowman could be Lamar Woodley and James Harrison, but I'd give the edge to Willis and Bowman since their having a much better season.
Share 49ersWebzone