LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

Willis and Bowman

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Willman is a beast.
By far the best tandem in the league. My gut tells me Bowman is gonna blow up even more this year. Super stoked to watch this tandem next year and for years to come!
I have been trying to think of a LB duo that EVER was better than p52 and bowman. Honestly, thinking back of best LBs of their time, Singletary, Urhlacker, a few from GB, one of two from the steelers, LT of the Giants...but did any of those teams come up with a pair as good as these two? I don't think so. Instead of "monsters of the Midway", these two are Monsters of Mayhem. I don't think there were two LBs playing side by side that were this overpowering...and both playing at All Pro level.

I went back to the books and internet and could not find a twosome as ferocious (on the field) as these guys. The other thing that is really neat, is both are really good guys, gentlemen, and are great team mates. Was there ever, in anyone else's recollection, a pair like this?
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
nohomer, yes, best MLB tandem in the league.

Navpatrick Willman
Originally posted by BayArea:
Navpatrick Willman

For the love of everything good in the world...... Do you work for TMZ.....

jk...
"What makes NaVorro Bowman and Patrick Willis so good as inside linebackers is their ability to play together. They've gotten to the point where they will even switch positions so the opposing offense can't get a consistent read on what the 49ers defense is doing.They are also close off the field, with Bowman asking Willis to be the god father to Bowman's twins when they were born this off-season."

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/08/23/patrick-willis-and-navorro-bowman-are-tight-off-the-field/

This article is full of win, but particularly this paragraph. The Foosball gods need to keep these two together forever....
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
"What makes NaVorro Bowman and Patrick Willis so good as inside linebackers is their ability to play together. They've gotten to the point where they will even switch positions so the opposing offense can't get a consistent read on what the 49ers defense is doing.They are also close off the field, with Bowman asking Willis to be the god father to Bowman's twins when they were born this off-season."

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/08/23/patrick-willis-and-navorro-bowman-are-tight-off-the-field/

This article is full of win, but particularly this paragraph. The Foosball gods need to keep these two together forever....

man I really don't want bowman to leave, maybe willis takes a pay cut so bowman and willis can be together forever.... IMO seriously they will make each other's job a hellva lot easier.
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

man I really don't want bowman to leave, maybe willis takes a pay cut so bowman and willis can be together forever.... IMO seriously they will make each other's job a hellva lot easier.

The NFL needs a system that allows a team to go over the cap for a handful of players that were drafted by the team. If you were drafted by the team, you should get a chance to stay with the team.

Ideally, there should only be a salary cap on free agents. You should be able to pay drafted players whatever you want. And if you pay a lot for your drafted players, then perhaps this will lower your cap for free agents. That way, a team can get as good as they want with drafted players, but they can't add free agents on top of that to make it "unfair".
[ Edited by BrianGO on Aug 23, 2012 at 11:54 PM ]
Bowman is gone after this season. Fact.

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

'splain yourself

Originally posted by BrianGO:
The NFL needs a system that allows a team to go over the cap for a handful of players that were drafted by the team. If you were drafted by the team, you should get a chance to stay with the team.

Ideally, there should only be a salary cap on free agents. You should be able to pay drafted players whatever you want. And if you pay a lot for your drafted players, then perhaps this will lower your cap for free agents. That way, a team can get as good as they want with drafted players, but they can't add free agents on top of that to make it "unfair".
THIS!
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
According to rotoworld we have Bowman on contract next season (he's a FA after that season).
He's only getting paid 500k a year if that site is accurate I know he was a 3rd round pick but that's pretty crazy lol.

I think he's next in line for a contract extension for sure. The Niners always pay our players when its well deserved, that's one thing I really love about our front office. We made Vernon the highest paid TE (ever at the time), Willis the highest paid ILB ever, Carlos Rogers got the money he deserved, etc.

Based on what?
Share 49ersWebzone