There are 181 users in the forums

Play of the game

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Play of the game

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
To rne its between Smith's TD pass to Delanie, that was good ball placement. And Carlos Rogers pick 6, nice read by Rogers. But I think Rogers' pick 6 was definitely the game changer.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Kap's 4th and 2 to Morgan. Yeah, we lost him on the play, but this sets the tone for the rest of the season. Take no prisoners.

Steve Mariucci would have ran the ball or maybe even taken a knee.
Dennis Erickson, Mike Nolan and Mike Singletary would have never even gotten a blow out win like this. Harbaugh is the man.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
To rne its between Smith's TD pass to Delanie, that was good ball placement. And Carlos Rogers pick 6, nice read by Rogers. But I think Rogers' pick 6 was definitely the game changer.

All the early passing set up the run (WCO at it's finest), the TD to Walker to me is what set the tone. If Gore doesn't fumble in the redzone the Rogers pick 6 wouldn't have been as huge. I'm glad that Gore was able to keep his head up after that fumble and the coaches gave him an opportunity to redeem himself. I'm loving what I see each and every week, we have the weapons and coaching staff to adjust our game to ATTACK any team on the other side of the field, both offensively and defensively!
  • dj43
Originally posted by okdkid:
Rogers' pick six was great because it was unexpected at the time. But Alex's throw to Delanie was amazing. That boy can play quarterback.

this

It set a tone for the offense and told TB that we were not afraid to throw it downfield on them. I believe that opened up a lot of the running game.
Too many to choose from, but I chose Rogers' pick six. It was an INT + Score and was the main turning point after Gore's fumble.
Also the thing that i forgot to mention about Alex's pass was when you see that as a Dcoordinator (I believe Alex was 6/6 on the drive, correct me if I am wrong) you are saying "oh s**t, this guy can beat us the way he is playing right now. He forces you to.cover people at that point and respect his passing ability. Without that the bucs may have done luje other teams and put 8 or 9 guys in the box. Thats why i choose that play.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Rogers pick 6 ftw.
  • Hctr
  • Veteran
C.R. pick six gave full momentum right back to us , So that has to be play of the game .
  • Hctr
  • Veteran
C.R. pick six gave full momentum right back to us , So that has to be play of the game .
  • Hctr
  • Veteran
C.R. pick six gave full momentum right back to us , So that has to be play of the game . Sorry for repost my computer was acting crazy just now
[ Edited by Hctr on Oct 10, 2011 at 11:48 AM ]

CR Pick six...After we turned it over and then came back and got the pick six, it seemed frustration was starting to kick in for TB. Man, CR what a pick up for us man.
Originally posted by 49erfannindy:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Kap's 4th and 2 to Morgan. Yeah, we lost him on the play, but this sets the tone for the rest of the season. Take no prisoners.

Steve Mariucci would have ran the ball or maybe even taken a knee.
Dennis Erickson, Mike Nolan and Mike Singletary would have never even gotten a blow out win like this. Harbaugh is the man.

When people talk about this game years from now, this is the play that will stick out in their heads the most. For one, Morgan was lost. Two, it was Kap's first NFL pass and completion, and three...I think it made a statement and put the NFL on notice that Harbaugh is not dicking around.

I don't think the Buccaneers are the only team that is going to get the shiv late in the game like that. I can't wait to see who's next.
A play i was impressed with was the T. Ginn run. Wasn't a TD, but it just shows how the coaches are involving playmakers
Share 49ersWebzone