LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Tony Dungy's comments from SNF on Harbaugh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Janitor:
I'm actually starting to believe this is true. It's getting sad. I've definitely lost a lot of respect for him since he started doing commentary.

If he is saying these types of things I will have lost a lot of respect for him as well. I hope it is not true.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Yeah so far no proof. I was half-watching the SNF pregame, and never heard this. Just people saying they heard people saying they heard it. Friend of a friend stuff.
Wow if this is true, Dungy lost my respect
Tony Dungy is a joke.....let him sit in a room with Jamie Dukes and they can talk football. I have no use for either of them!

CHITOWNNINERFAN
Dungy actually said, "George Bush hates black people."

Or was that Kanye West....
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Oct 9, 2011 at 10:38 PM ]
I have a hard time believing he said exactly what OP says he said..

in regard to Harbaugh not being a good coach..
[ Edited by MaliCali on Oct 9, 2011 at 10:39 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
seems made up to me.... doesnt seem like something Dungy would say.
Here's a transcript

DAN: Okay Tony, how about the 49ers beating TB 48-3 today. Harbaugh looks really good as an NFL coach don't you think?
TONY: Well, you see Dan, Raheem Morris is better I don't care what the score says, let's just go ahead and get that straight right now okay. I mean, you know, it's early and Raheem knows what it takes to win in this league. I'm not so sure Harbaugh has that kind of mindset to be successful in this league. You see Dan, it's his first year and you're going to have to win some playoff games before you get credit from me.
DAN: Tony, Raheem has never won a playoff game. What do you say there?
TONY: Dan, let's just go ahead and straighten this thing out right now ok. I'll take raheem and Josh over Harbaugh and Alex anyday of the week.
DAN: But they just got beat 48-3 Tony.
TONY: Well, I don't care Dan ok.
DAN: Ok, thanks Tony for your usual in-depth analysis
Originally posted by OX49er253:
Here's a transcript

DAN: Okay Tony, how about the 49ers beating TB 48-3 today. Harbaugh looks really good as an NFL coach don't you think?
TONY: Well, you see Dan, Raheem Morris is better I don't care what the score says, let's just go ahead and get that straight right now okay. I mean, you know, it's early and Raheem knows what it takes to win in this league. I'm not so sure Harbaugh has that kind of mindset to be successful in this league. You see Dan, it's his first year and you're going to have to win some playoff games before you get credit from me.
TONY: Dan, let's just go ahead and straighten this thing out right now ok. I'll take raheem and Josh over Harbaugh and Alex anyday of the week.

Is this real? Because that last line is full of slap in the face. Awesome.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I need a link of this for real. I DID NOT see this happen.

I was watching SNF post game and Dungy picked us to win the West and said he likes our football team. Until I see a video of Dungy bashing us I won't beleive this.

Originally posted by Antix:
I need a link of this for real. I DID NOT see this happen.

I was watching SNF post game and Dungy picked us to win the West and said he likes our football team. Until I see a video of Dungy bashing us I won't beleive this.

Yup, me neither.

Link or GTFO
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Is it time for a ???
Here's a transcript

If that is the for reals transcript then Dungy just made himself look like an ass. Ive been a Dungy fan because he seemed like a satnd up respectful dude but his comments here were pretty lame.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Here's a transcript

Is this real? Because that last line is full of slap in the face. Awesome.

Because Dan Patrick is the man and he has the best sports show on TV.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Is it time for a ???

Yes, this s**t didn't happen
Share 49ersWebzone