LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 221 users in the forums

Tony Dungy's comments from SNF on Harbaugh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by OX49er253:
Here's a transcript

DAN: Okay Tony, how about the 49ers beating TB 48-3 today. Harbaugh looks really good as an NFL coach don't you think?
TONY: Well, you see Dan, Raheem Morris is better I don't care what the score says, let's just go ahead and get that straight right now okay. I mean, you know, it's early and Raheem knows what it takes to win in this league. I'm not so sure Harbaugh has that kind of mindset to be successful in this league. You see Dan, it's his first year and you're going to have to win some playoff games before you get credit from me.
DAN: Tony, Raheem has never won a playoff game. What do you say there?
TONY: Dan, let's just go ahead and straighten this thing out right now ok. I'll take raheem and Josh over Harbaugh and Alex anyday of the week.
DAN: But they just got beat 48-3 Tony.
TONY: Well, I don't care Dan ok.
DAN: Ok, thanks Tony for your usual in-depth analysis

Is this real? Because that last line is full of slap in the face. Awesome.

Obviously not real.

lol, that is exactly how Dungy talks. Like a stuttering, wishy washy p***y.

Guess my brain power didn't hold up on this one!
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hofer36:
i heard tony say harbaugh has made the difference in s.f. this season---im thinking somebody has started a nasty untrue rumour here

remember tony was a 49er

The rumor wasn't that bad, it's what people did with it.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
DEAR GOD
I pictured my first post being much cooler... but oh well thought I'd share:

http://www.fangsbites.com/

ctrl + f "Dungy" to find a transcript. Unless the OP was referring to a different interview, Dungy doesn't say anything disrespectful whatsoever. In fact, he goes as far as to say "You have to look at the job Jim Harbaugh's done changing the culture, changing the mindset…Jim Harbaugh has made this team a contender. I think they're going to win the West."

Tony Dungy is an amazing and generous person, stop slandering him based on random rumors who heard from a friend's sister's boyfriend's dentist. Geez this thread sounds like a TMZ comment list. Where's the class at webzone??

EDIT: lol I'm such a hypocrite, please ignore my classless username.
[ Edited by ADixonYourFace on Oct 9, 2011 at 11:16 PM ]
I apologize if it was just a rumor...I myself was just looking for proof it happend
Originally posted by Chief:
I wasn't referring to Tony Dungy, I was referring to the majority of black Americans who are racist. I believe what I believe, I don't try to stir s**t up. I just call it how I see it, you can like it or hate it. I will also say that a good majority of white Americans are racist, but not as many.

I am happy to have you disapprove and no matter what your response, I will let you know now. My mind is made up, weeeeeee!

Good God, STFU
Let them keep talking crap, it'll just add fuel to the fire that he's lighting in this league! Jim Mora Jr. knocked him too, during the Bengals game http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2011/10/03/jim-mora-rips-harbaugh-for-play-calling-at-the-end-of-the-half/. I can't wait to see what he has in store for our next opponent, we are witnessing something great here! Let's go 9ers!
  • 8to80
Originally posted by sacniner:
Good God, STFU

Agreed. Why would anyone even say something like that? Keep that stuff to yourself. Niner fans are suppose to be classy.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 8to80:
Agreed. Why would anyone even say something like that? Keep that stuff to yourself. Niner fans are suppose to be classy.

Cuz all black people hate white people.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Why do black people always have to turn everything into a race issue

Because black people are racist mofo's.
no, it's individuals like you two who try to stir things up, when there is nothing to be stirred up. People like you two are the ones who try to divide people, for what ever sick reason.

Even if what Tony said in that fake statement were true, how is he turning this into a "race issue"? I think JimRat is trying to turn this into a race issue with that statement.

Also someone said that Tony "hates" white people? If that were true, I would wonder why he'd choose to marry a white woman and have to deal with her white family. But go ahead and try to stir more BS, just because of your own sick reasons.

I watched the program tonight and I didn't see Tony say these words, unless Tony said that in the first 15 mins of the show which I missed.

I wasn't referring to Tony Dungy, I was referring to the majority of black Americans who are racist. I believe what I believe, I don't try to stir s**t up. I just call it how I see it, you can like it or hate it. I will also say that a good majority of white Americans are racist, but not as many.

I am happy to have you disapprove and no matter what your response, I will let you know now. My mind is made up, weeeeeee!
well, this thread was about Tony Dungy.

you can believe what you want to believe, but if you make an open broad statement like that....then it should be understandable to get a response like the one you were given.

I'm not trying to "enlighten" you...I'm not trying to get you to have more raciest black friends or have some over for dinner. I could care less. Live your life.

Originally posted by GSeef49er:
If that is the for reals transcript then Dungy just made himself look like an ass. Ive been a Dungy fan because he seemed like a satnd up respectful dude but his comments here were pretty lame.

Well since this discussion supposedly took place before the game, and the last lines talk about the outcome of the game (meaning the game was over), then no - this is obviously not the real transcript.
Dungy knows nothing.

Peyton did all of the work.
This is a pathetic thread on all counts.
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Why do black people always have to turn everything into a race issue

I don't think Dungy is a very objective guy. Raheem Morris was hired into the Tampa Bay organization the year after Dungy was let go, but I still think there's a strong connection there between the 2.

Very unprofessional of him though. There's no need for him to make dumb comments like that, I don't think anyone was attacking Freeman or Morris's creditibility. We whipped them hard and all Dungy could say was Freeman, Morris > Harbaugh, Smith. That's just being an unobjective homer.
Share 49ersWebzone