LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

Morgan Officially placed on IR according to 49ers.com

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Harbaugh said it wasn't that bad, Bach said they weren't gonna MRI. I really hope it's not a fracture but MM isn't usually wrong. I hope he is this time

You WANT them to do an MRI..that means the Xray was negative...obvi the Xray showed a fracture which is why there's no need for an MRI.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Not good at all; who knows if for sure we're even getting Braylon back after the bye-week (and even then, Braylon might be rusty as hell). -If Williams/Ginn don't step it up, we just might be looking into the T.O. mercenary service.

He blew this team up once before. That's enough. We don't need him.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
He's our best blocking WR and so far has been our most consistent WR this year he's played very well thus year

Agree but mainly because Braylon got hurt and Crabs didn't play during the preason.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by taney71:
Do we try to sign Randy Moss or TO now?

moss will not come out of retirement to come back to the bay area, TO is way more likely plus hes familiar with the wco and he's earles going across the middle for those slants

TO=Cancer
Not sold at all on Williams. Hopefully we can figure something out bc there's nothing I trust behind Crabtree.
f**king Kaep.
As someone who has injured both of their ankles pretty much every way possible to injure them...

An ankle break is better then an ankle sprain. A sprain means the ligaments are still attached to the bone, but stretched/torn, which is a very painful and debilitating injury. Usually with this time of ankle break, the ligament breaks bone clean off with it. It sounds painful, but it heals a lot cleaner and doesn't actually lead to the same re-injury pre-disposition that you will get with sprains.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Not sold at all on Williams. Hopefully we can figure something out bc there's nothing I trust behind Crabtree.

me either
Harbaugh said it wasn't that bad, Bach said they weren't gonna MRI. I really hope it's not a fracture but MM isn't usually wrong. I hope he is this time

You WANT them to do an MRI..that means the Xray was negative...obvi the Xray showed a fracture which is why there's no need for an MRI.
OR the team doctors looked at him, recognized a less serious injury, a minor sprain perhaps, gave him some crutches and sent him home with some aspirin.
Source: Morgan sustains fractured ankle

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/Source-Morgan-sustains-fractured-ankle?blockID=574830&feedID=5884

It was just a flesh wound.
whats the usual recovery timetable for a fractured ankle?

OR the team doctors looked at him, recognized a less serious injury, a minor sprain perhaps, gave him some crutches and sent him home with some aspirin.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
whats the usual recovery timetable for a fractured ankle?

If that's the case, I wouldn't expect to see him until the last game of the season at least.
Shouldnt have to go on IR with a break, and could be back in 8 weeks. Maybe sooner, it will be fine come the end of season.
Share 49ersWebzone