Specer

Rogers, yes
Alex, maybe
Ginn, yes
Goldson, NO
Edwards, maybe
Ice, not yet
Spencer, NO

Add in Justin Smith, he should be 1A with Rogers being 1B.

Spencer and Sopoaga are signed thru 2012. I dont wanna go and extend them again just after 1 season. I want to see Sopoaga at NT for this and next yr. And Im sorry Spencer is average, and makes 3M a yr. Thats outrageous amount for a guy who isnt that good.

I would rather extend a guy like Justin Smith, Andy Lee, Rogers, Ginn. before Sopoaga and Spencer.
As always, it depends on who they can bring in through the draft and FAs. I like San Diego's list as a minimal number and all of the above at the outside. Let's see what the rest of the year brings.

I did not want some of these guys back and they are playing well--Brooks and Ginn were on my expendable list, so what the heck do I know!
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Rogers
Alex
Ginn
Goldson (only if cheap)
Edwards
Ice
Specer

Rogers, yes
Alex, maybe
Ginn, yes
Goldson, NO
Edwards, maybe
Ice, not yet
Spencer, NO

Spencer and Sopoaga are signed thru 2012. I dont wanna go and extend them again just after 1 season. I want to see Sopoaga at NT for this and next yr. And Im sorry Spencer is average, and makes 3M a yr. Thats outrageous amount for a guy who isnt that good.

I would rather extend a guy like Justin Smith, Andy Lee, Rogers, Ginn. before Sopoaga and Spencer.

I would give Goldson a 2 year deal, we don't have any other alternatives yet. Edwards if he plays like he was before he got hurt, then for sure. I don't want a bidding war for the only NT on the roster, rather be safe then sorry. I would give Spencer a new deal but keep the price tag low. If we can keep Spencer for 3 years but at 1-1.5mill per year I'm fine with it.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Rogers
Alex
Ginn
Goldson (only if cheap)
Edwards
Ice
Specer

Rogers, yes
Alex, maybe
Ginn, yes
Goldson, NO
Edwards, maybe
Ice, not yet
Spencer, NO

I would give Goldson a 2 year deal, we don't have any other alternatives yet. Edwards if he plays like he was before he got hurt, then for sure. I don't want a bidding war for the only NT on the roster, rather be safe then sorry. I would give Spencer a new deal but keep the price tag low. If we can keep Spencer for 3 years but at 1-1.5mill per year I'm fine with it.

I would wait on Sopoaga, I wouldnt extend him asap, i would wait till after 2012 draft. We may draft a NT, I love bama's Josh Chapman.

Spencer for 1.5M is fine, I just dont think he would go for it. I dont see him going from 3M in base(no bonus right now) to 1.5M a yr.

Braylon, needs to play in order to see him getting extended. I wanna add Brooks to the list too.

Like said, i would do Smith(Justin) and Rogers 1st.

Then the rest like Brooks, Ginn, Morgan, maybe Lee.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
My dick

you can't stretch something thats broken.
If the positive attitude keeps up SF will be a popular destination for FAs. After the last few years of having to pay top dollar to attract guys this will be a nice change. You just know VD and others are tweeting their friends around the NFL about what a great place this is to play! Also means many of these guys may take a bit less to stay with an up and coming team...I would put Rogers and Edwards in that category.
Unless, I am mistaken, we can't extend Alex Smith's contract anyway. Player can't sign two contracts within a year of each other.

extensions
- Alex Boone is an ERFA. Don't let him get away.. I'd just re-sign him now to a 3 year deal for a couple mil per... he'll jump on that.
- Ahmad Brooks. If he will take something reasonable. Maybe a 3 year deal worth 10 million?
- Josh Morgan. MAYBE. Not sure how much he wants, but we likely have to make re-signing Braylon Edwards a higher priority.
- Reggie Smith. If he's willing to take a 3 year, 6 million dollar type of deal.
- Moran Norris. LOL, just kidding!

re-signing priorities next year
- Alex Smith. Looks like he'll be a priority, and will want to stay
- Braylon Edwards. If he's who I think he is... still depends on how much $.
- Ted Ginn Jr. Like to keep our best returner.
- Carlos Rogers. So far, so good... me likes.
- Dashon Goldson. Still wouldn't pay him more than 4 mil a year
- Larry Grant. cheap and strong ILB depth
- Blake Costanzo. Special teams stud
Obviously, Carlos Rogers is #1. Since he signed a one year deal we have to wait until the offseason to re-sign him though. Some kind of rule in the NFL. Same with Braylon if he comes back strong, and Alex. I'd like to see Brooks and Boone back as well.

Other than that I'm not really sure. I like Morgan and Ginn but if we can get a stud receiver in the draft one of them will need to go. Goldson has played well so far but not worth the contract he wants. If Alex keeps getting better and we get to the playoffs then by all means re-sign him.
I'd like to see most stay but if they can be upgraded through the draft and FA, then so long.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Who are the players that are good as gone next season? With or without contract just because of performance .
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Alex Smith for sure.

Edwards for sure.

Rogers for sure.

Ginn for sure.

This is what I want. Shore up that WR group and make sure we still have at least one high-end CB. We can put off WR until later in the draft and spend the first day on more DB talent.

Let's wait until the end of the season before we throw money away. Eagles were a tough team, but we have 2 more tough ones before the bye week. Rogers is playing like a man possessed though.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Rogers = Next Walt Harris, average for the Redskins, solid with the 49ers!!!

Braylon Edwards - Love having this guy period.

Donte Whitner - The leader in the secondary.

Alex Smith - Looks to be having a breakout year and on to winning the division, I'd say hes a lock to be re-signed.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Rogers = Next Walt Harris, average for the Redskins, solid with the 49ers!!!

Braylon Edwards - Love having this guy period.

Donte Whitner - The leader in the secondary.

Alex Smith - Looks to be having a breakout year and on to winning the division, I'd say hes a lock to be re-signed.

Whitner's signed for 3 yrs. --> http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3691/donte-whitner
Just looking at guys with contracts expiring after this season:

For sure:
Ahmad Brooks: He's finally come into his own. We need to hang on to him.
Carlos Rogers: He's been an outstanding addition. Solid leader too.
Josh Morgan: Obviously not for #1 money, but he's a solid #3 who can be a #2 in a pinch
Adam Snyder: Again, not as a starter, but he's a solid back-up who can play every position on the line.
Ted Ginn: His value to the special teams is indisputable.

Wait and see:
Alex Smith: So far so good. But I want to see more.
Braylon Edwards: He seems like a good teammate so far. I want to see how it goes when he's healthy.
Dashon Goldson: See Alex Smith.
Reggie Smith: He's up & down. If he plays more consistently I'd like to see him back, but not as a starter.

See ya:
Chilo Rachal
Madieu Williams
Moran Norris
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Brown will. Brock is a rookie so give him time.

brock is in his second year
Share 49ersWebzone