Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Uppercut:
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
ohhh how cute.. another Alex Smith bashing thread!!! Very clever by puttin Oline in the title of the thread.. awesome job

How is saying Smith is not very good "Smith Bashing". Meanwhile there are 10 O Line Bashing topics. Why is that ok and has been ok year after year but we can't mention Smith in the equation? WHY?

There has been plenty mentioning of Smith. This year.. for once, he hasn't been a major problem. Perhaps one of the biggest and telling indicators is the fact that some of the harshest, most brutal, ruthless, and relentless critics or "haters" of Smith have backed off and mentioned the OL as being the main issue right now.

These individuals include: Susweel, Joecool, billbird2111, jones49 and Ninerjohn.

I get no love.

You were borderline ruthless. I wasn't sure if I could quite include you in that mix.

Yah I was a hater back then, but like I said, with the drafting of Kaepernick, I'm much more of a fan now of Smith than I ever will be.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
ohhh how cute.. another Alex Smith bashing thread!!! Very clever by puttin Oline in the title of the thread.. awesome job

How is saying Smith is not very good "Smith Bashing". Meanwhile there are 10 O Line Bashing topics. Why is that ok and has been ok year after year but we can't mention Smith in the equation? WHY?

which PBM are you?
Yeah unless a "Noob" posts how much Alex Smith is an MVP QB right? The truth hurts. I'm just saying the Oline is not to take all the Blame. Smith too. Yet you cant' say Smith because then you're a noob and other insults that get thrown. Meanwhile I'm not allowed to retaliate or the "Vets" get into the whole you'll be gone run to the mod stuff. So weak. Also you act like being new to a forum means you're new to football. Weakest argument possible.

Originally posted by boast:
which PBM are you?

LOL
which PBM are you?

PBM? I used to post at 49ers.com. The topics are the same.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
which PBM are you?

PBM? I used to post at 49ers.com. The topics are the same.

banned from there too, huh?
Penalties, missed assignments, getting flat out owned, but yeah, let's not blame the O-line. They're terrible! Face it and move on. I believe Snyder would be an upgrade over Rachal and Boone over Davis. I also think we should have held on to Wragge, who always did a commendable job when given the chance. SOMETHING needs to be done.
As for Hunter, yes, he needs more touches to really show what he can do. Right now, he plays so sparingly, it's hard for him to get in the groove. One thing's for sure, he does appear more explosive and is running harder than Gore. I'm convinced Gore is not 100% after his hip issue; maybe never will be.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Has anyone else noticed how much bigger Smith's hands have gotten?

His first couple of years he was said to have small hands because he fumbled so much on the sacks. Now he has velcro hands and holds on even when getting demolished.

As for the OP, I do think that Smith deserves some of the blame. Sometimes he chose to take the sack, as opposed to trying to throw the ball away and risk an interception. I don't blame him for that. I remember Barrows analysis of the 6 sacks last week. Only 2 were due to a person on the OL being beat. On the other 4, it wasn't clear who was supposed to be blocking the guy in the first place. I would expect that the QB is responsible to identify the unblocked pashrusher, and either change the blocking at the line, or change the play. My guess is that the longer Smith is in this system, the better the pass blocking will get.
Originally posted by fryet:
Has anyone else noticed how much bigger Smith's hands have gotten?

His first couple of years he was said to have small hands because he fumbled so much on the sacks. Now he has velcro hands and holds on even when getting demolished.

As for the OP, I do think that Smith deserves some of the blame. Sometimes he chose to take the sack, as opposed to trying to throw the ball away and risk an interception. I don't blame him for that. I remember Barrows analysis of the 6 sacks last week. Only 2 were due to a person on the OL being beat. On the other 4, it wasn't clear who was supposed to be blocking the guy in the first place. I would expect that the QB is responsible to identify the unblocked pashrusher, and either change the blocking at the line, or change the play. My guess is that the longer Smith is in this system, the better the pass blocking will get.

No kidding. Against Dallas, he held onto the ball even when Ware, at least I think it was Ware, tried to strip it from his blindside. Smith is awesome on a lot of levels, but he just doesn't get the recognition on ESPN and elsewhere. In turn, slow ones like Uppercut can't compute the facts.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
You're an interesting guy. You know what you and Taylor Mays have in common? He wasn't here long, and neither will you.

You're prophetic. Does this mean I need to start worshiping you again?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
You're an interesting guy. You know what you and Taylor Mays have in common? He wasn't here long, and neither will you.

lol.

Originally posted by Otter:

I know, I know... settle down. I'm not far from joining him.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
I'm locking this thread because it was mostly one person ranting and trolling. If anyone is really interested in this discussion, feel free to start a new thread, find another about the o-line, or PM the mods and we can unlock.
Here's how this goes:
Make an extreme statement and attribute to others (ignoring, of course, that NO ONE has ever made the extreme claim in the first place).
Start a new thread about it.
Attack and belittle anyone who disagrees with you.
Catch a bant.
Create a new user name because you REALLY need the attention.
Rinse.
Repeat.
Share 49ersWebzone